Menu
buggin
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Pixelated Channels - Call to Support number...on hold for over 1 hour, hung up on twice

Very angry right now.

Ever since getting a dead Tivo box swapped out a month ago, have had pixelation HD channels, it has gradually got worse, and now get pixelation on most HD channels and even some SD channels.

Tried to call your support number tonight 0345 454 111, but have been put on hold for over 1 hour, and hung up on twice! unbelievable! Time and call costs waisted.

Clearly your call centres do not have enough resources or time to even answer customer's calls. So please can you arrange an engineer visit, to either check the connections or cabling of the new Tivo box.

Awaiting your prompt response.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Pixelated Channels - Call to Support number...on hold for over 1 hour, hung up on twice

You don't have a VM phone at all?

Likely to be a fair wait on here due to the sheer volume of posts.

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
buggin
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Pixelated Channels - Call to Support number...on hold for over 1 hour, hung up on twice

Over an hour is more then a fair wait, and being hung up on twice is simply not acceptable.

Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I'm not disagreeing with that, though at present you're looking at roughly a week to 10 days on here.

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Buggin

I'm very sorry for the problems you're experiencing with your TV service. I've been able to locate your account and run some tests on the set top box from our end.

We're detecting some errors with the box and I'd like to arrange for a member of the team to come and take a closer look at this, if you're available? I've sent you information regarding this in a private message, which you can view by clicking the envelope on the top right of this page.

Apologies again for the inconvenience caused, we're looking forward to putting this right.

Speak soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
buggin
Tuning in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

So update on this whole fiasco...

Was eventually booked an engineer visit on 14th Jan who arrived around 9, checked the connections behind the box, did a meter test. Went to check the outside cabinet was ok. 

I explained that the pixelation had only started since i had my previous Tivo box swapped out (due to being stuck on reboot loop, effectively dead).

He recommended swapping the box out, as everything else looked ok, proceeded to try and install a new Tivo box (same Samsung model), and go through activation steps.

New box did not activate, he called x2 times to check with technical team to check activation (Box/Card occurrence was created ok).

Tried another Tivo box (Samsung), this did not activate either.

After a few more calls to the technical team, they advised there could be an issue with the activation system (Box occurrences not initialising correctly to match with the box card).

He basically gave up trying to swap out the box, and advised re-connecting my original Tivo box! 

He said he would book the area (21) manager Williams to visit the next Saturday 21st to do further tests, to determine where the fault lies.

So we were back where we were originally, going on to a month now with pixelated channels (even BBC1 SD). 

So today Sat 21st wake up early 8am to wait for the engineer, 12pm passes and no show. No call or communications to state why, so i had to call VM again.

1st line support Ahi puts me through to install team (not sure why as this is a technical fault).

Install team Pamela states the engineer was in US as his brother had passed away and no one knew of this, refers me to Dispatch team.

Dispatch team Michael comes with a new story, engineer was ill, again no one knew, or thought to book a replacement or communicate the fact to the me (waiting for 4hrs on my Saturday morning for a non existent engineer).

He promises me that an engineer will be booked to come out now tomorrow Sun 22nd 8am-12pm.

I'm not holding my breath....

0 Kudos
japitts
Well-informed
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Just on one small point for the benefit of the OP, 03 numbers are charged the same as landline calls. So if your telephone package has an allowance of calls to 01/02 numbers, VM's 03 support number is also included.

Although the points about length of hold times seem entirely fair.

0 Kudos
buggin
Tuning in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Sorry had to laugh...hold times of 1 hour is "entirely fair" Smiley Very HappySmiley LOLSmiley Very Happy

Suppose being cut off after 2x 1 hour waits is pretty reasonable too Smiley Very Happy

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

buggin wrote:

Sorry had to laugh...hold times of 1 hour is "entirely fair" Smiley Very HappySmiley LOLSmiley Very Happy

Suppose being cut off after 2x 1 hour waits is pretty reasonable too Smiley Very Happy

No - he said your point about the length of the hold time was entirely fair.  Not the length of time on hold which clearly was not.

Only use Helpful answer if your problems been solved.

0 Kudos