Menu
AMM_
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Pin times

It might be a weird question but, what time does the pin come back on for my shows? I know after a certain time we don't have to put them in but I leave my TV on and the kids sometimes come in my room, so what time in the morning do you have to put the pin in, in order to watch a show recorded after watershed?
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Argy
Rising star
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Pin times

A PIN is always needed to watch:

• Programmes rated 12, before 8pm
  • Programmes rated 15, before 9pm
  • Programmes rated 18, before 10pm

Actually, the slightly muddy wording means it's not clear when the PIN requirement *starts*!

When it says "before 8pm", how long before 8pm?  For example, if I start to watch a programme at 00:01 on a Monday morning (Sunday night, if you want to look at it that way) , that is *before* 8pm on Monday, but probably most people would consider it part of "Sunday night" and so not need a PIN.

If that doesn't require a PIN, what about 02:00?  03:00?  06:00?

Perhaps the guidance should be reworded to show the time period(s) that a PIN is required?

Just another VM user trying to help, so no guarantees that my advice will work .
If my suggestion is helpful, please mark it as helpful; it may help others. Just want to say "Thanks"? That's the Kudos button.

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi AMM_,

Welcome to the Community!

• Premium movie channels
  • A channel you’ve chosen to lock
  • Any adult channels

Check out this article on Parental Controls for the TiVo® for more information!

If you need anything else give me a shout.

All the best

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
jonathanlouis
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

hi amm pin for programmes you can disable this for watching programmes either on my shows or disable the option buy settings change pin up to you check help pin settings look at options jonni

0 Kudos
Argy
Rising star
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Actually, the slightly muddy wording means it's not clear when the PIN requirement *starts*!

When it says "before 8pm", how long before 8pm?  For example, if I start to watch a programme at 00:01 on a Monday morning (Sunday night, if you want to look at it that way) , that is *before* 8pm on Monday, but probably most people would consider it part of "Sunday night" and so not need a PIN.

If that doesn't require a PIN, what about 02:00?  03:00?  06:00?

Perhaps the guidance should be reworded to show the time period(s) that a PIN is required?

Just another VM user trying to help, so no guarantees that my advice will work .
If my suggestion is helpful, please mark it as helpful; it may help others. Just want to say "Thanks"? That's the Kudos button.
jonathanlouis
Knows their stuff
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

argy i think the pin setting for viewing programes is automaticly set it doesnt matter when its set for you can have the setting on which ever you like jonni which ever suits you
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
AMM_
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Yaaaaaaaay, you understand where I'm coming from 😊
jonathanlouis
Knows their stuff
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

hi amm i dont think it matters for programme viewing because its set on which programmes you ask tivo for i dont use the pin much i disabled the pin so i can watch 2100 recorded programmes does it help amm jonni thanks for kudo
0 Kudos
Argy
Rising star
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the kudos for understanding your question. Now all you need is an answer from VM! Might be quicker to test it yourself?

0 Kudos