Menu
heavensent
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Picture quality on Virgin HD box ...

For weeks now I've been suffering from intermittent picture break up from my Virgin HD box. When the problem occurs, the tech spes show high Pre & Post RS Errors. Could someone explain what causes these errors? Is it signal issues?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Picture quality on Virgin HD box ...

Hi heavensent,

Thanks for coming by Smiley Happy

I just wanted to pop by and see how things are after your engineer visit?  I'm sorry that you experienced picture disruption on the service, I hope all is ok now for you.

It would be great to hear how your appointment went so please keep me posted.  I'm here to help if you need me.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
heavensent
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

the senior engineer came today. He couldn't find the fault [it's intermittent] but I'd taken photos of the tv when the picture break up was occurring and also a photo of the tech specs on the TV at the time of the picture break up [ie the high Pre & Post RS Errors], so he knew there must be a fault somewhere. He gave me a new HD Box, changed the cabling and did something else [can't remember what]. I was full of hope. An hour after he left, the picture started to break up again. I've swapped the TV, changed the HDMI cable. It's really upsetting. I rely on my TV as I'm housebound.

I've had no option but to contact SKY. I don't want to leave Virgin because I hate change. I've been with your company since Telewest. But I don't know what else to do.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi heavensent,

Thanks for the update and I'm  very sorry to hear that you're still getting this disruption with the TV service. 

I have taken a look and I can see you have been in touch with us since you last posted, I can see they were arranging for an area manager to contact you.  Did we get in touch to get this sorted?

If you can let me know the latest, I'm here to help if you need me.  We don't want to lose you and I'm sure it's something we can get sorted for you.

Keep me posted.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos