Menu
matthare2k
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Picture gone dark suddendly

Hi

Last night my picture on screen has suddenly gone darker and I have no idea why.

I have no idea if its Virgin box, cable or my TV. The virgin purple channel/info bar along the bottom is now extremely darker than it was before, I compared it to another TV which is significantly lighter (i.e same as my main TV before this randomly happened last night). I have a Samsung 32 inch TV and seen things on the internet about economy/reduce power modes etc but I can't see in the settings having followed various articles that those exist on mine. I also struggle to test my TV on freeview due to my remote control having been set-up by the virgin media engineer to control the TV aswell, so even if I change the source on the TV buttons on the side of the screen to get it onto digital TV, I cannot use the samsung TV remote due to the set-up.

Please can you help me on this.

Thanks, Matt

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Picture gone dark suddendly

The TV remote control should (unless the batteries have died) control your TV irrespective of the VM remote.

How is your box connected to the TV, via HDMI or SCART?

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos
matthare2k
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

TV remote doesnt work, the virgin media engineer back at the outset configured the code so that the virgin media remote controls everything.

connection is via HDMI cable.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

The Virgin Media Engineer can't have done - all the TiVo remote is doing is emulating a limited subset of the same IR codes as transmitted by the remote control supplied with the TV.

It cannot pair with the TV, nor can it supersede the TV remote control.

If you connect another HDMI source to the same socket, is the picture similarly dark?

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos
Tuipara
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

The same thing has happened to my samsung tv following a recent tivo box update. Have virgin sorted problem?
0 Kudos