Menu
jarviand
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Picture 'blur' or 'swimming'

For the last few weeks we have started to get bizarre picture issues on live and recorded shows - parts of the image 'swim' about - not pixellated rather just blurred or discconnected from rest of picture. Have tried all the box reset/off for 5 mins/cable checks etc. Any ideas?

0 Kudos
mariutto
Tuning in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Picture 'blur' or 'swimming'

I get that as well, really annoying. its kind of a ghosting effect. sorry not a solution but i feel your pain!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello jarviand and mariutto,

Welcome to the community and I'm sorry to learn you're both experiencing issues with the picture.

Can I just confirm whether you've tried plugging a different device into the television such as a DVD player for example just so we can ensure that it's a fault with the Virgin box.

Otherwise I would like to arrange a technician for both of you so please let me know if you would like me to arrange this.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
jarviand
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

It is only on Virgin - live and recorded. Apple TV, Freeview BluRay all fine and all routed through same AV receiver. Please arrange an engineer. I will add that it is quite unpredictable - it could be a certain set of circumstances (for example recording and watching another channel at same time) that I have yet to figure out. Either way - it has only been recently and was fine in the past with same TV setup.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for getting back to me with this information.

Okay that's no problem I'll just send you a private message with appointment times which you will find if you click on the purple envelope at the top right of the screen.

Speak to you soon.

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos