Menu
Jimbo9
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Picture/Audio on new TV squared and juddering

I have a V+ box in my upstairs room, the other day the TV packed in so I replaced it with a Samsung Smart TV and connected it with the same HDMI cable I had being using with the previous TV. However the problem is when I turn the new TV on and try watch anything on my V+ box the picture is unwatchable, it has big squares and long thick lines across the screen and a juddering audio noise. The new TV works fine downstairs when I plug in the Playstation 4, the TV also works fine with the amazon fire TV stick so i can only presume that it must be an issue with the V+ box?

Any help greatly appretiated.

Thanks in advance
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Picture/Audio on new TV squared and juddering

Have you tried another HDMI cable?

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Jimbo9
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Not as yet. My assumption was that because the HDMI cable worked fine when connected to my old TV that the cable wouldn't be an issue but I will certainly try another HDMI cable.

Thanks Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Well-informed
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Nothing to do with hdmi if its working it's working, sounds like the settings on tv maybe check the input on tv as you seem to have other devices connected. Micky
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jimbo9

I'm really sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with your TV service at the moment, so that I can take a closer look at this from our end can I ask you to respond the private message I've sent with the requested information? 

You can view the message by clicking the purple envelope on the top right of this page.

Sorry again for the inconvenience this is causing, we're looking forward to getting it resolved.

Talk soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Jimbo9
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I tried another HDMI cable and tried in every HDMI slot the TV has and still the same issue.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for taking the time to let us know Jimbo, thanks for the information you've sent too.

I've been able to run some tests on the set top box from our end and we're detecting some problems with the V+ box.

Has the cable at the back of the box been removed at all? As it could be that it's slightly loose. If that's not the case then I'd like to arrange for an engineer to come and take a closer look. 

I've sent you information regarding the appointment in a private message, we'll talk soonMan Happy

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos