Menu
Monalie
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Pick TV

Stargate Universe is showing at the moment and for some reason it is going to be stopped at Season 2, Episode 19................................Why is the Season Finale (Episode 20) not being shown???

Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Pick TV

Ask pick TV, virgin just broadcast the programs

0 Kudos
Monalie
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Pick TV used to be SKY3, I pay Virgin for my service....not SKY..............I therefore expect an answer from my service provider.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Media carry the channels and decide whether to do so for not, but they don't control what those channels show.

Just as Virgin Media provide broadband services, but don't control what is on the BBC's website for instance.

There doesn't seem to be a website for Pick TV, but the corporate contact details for Sky are here https://corporate.sky.com/contact-us

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
Monalie
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for the reply, I have sent an email to SKY re my query.

However I have to say that I expected Virgin to be able to handle my query and not adopt a 'not my problem' stance. There should be some kind of customer service dept. that handles these sort of queries from their customers.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

For the most part the channels don't explain to any third party why their schedules are the way they are, or why they decide to start or stop showing a show.

There are some exceptions where it's a high profile show e.g. The Walking Dead.

But generally it doesn't matter whether it's the BBC, ITV, Sky or any other broadcaster. Queries over why and when shows are broadcast have to go to the channel themselves.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

http://www.radiotimes.com/programme/c78h/stargate-universe

This Radio Times page suggests that the last episode will be broadcast at 11am on Monday on Pick.

This is not what the TiVo Guide suggests but the Guide can only contain the information provided by Sky.

If the episode is to be shown in Monday, the Guide may be updated and reflect this over the weekend but I would suggest setting a manual recording for Pick at 11am on Monday and, despite the fact that the TiVo Guide says episode 1 of series 1,  you will record what is broadcast and it may even be the episode you want.

0 Kudos