Menu
davidstallard
Dialled in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Paying for TV I don't have

I have given up trying to find a real person to answer this - email support Forget it, it doesn't exist. Phone help - forget it as 99% of the time the indian called 'Keith' (you seriously want us to believe that) has no idea as the answer isn't on his trouble shooter sheet. As for 'live chat' obviously only one person on as I have tried everyday when I get in for the last two months and it's always 'busy - please try again later'

Right simple question I have for anyone working for Virgin Media.  I pay around £75 a month for the 'package' I am on, Broadband - 200meg which I use very lightly (no downloaded movies etc, just photo uploads) phone line (maybe 8 or 9 calls per month) and TV medium. . . . . here is the problem (other than stupidly high cost) I don't have a TV connection / no box / not even a cable as far as I know.  we have Sky and that's it SO if you insist that I pay for the service why haven't I got it?

and breathe. . . . . . Thank you in advance. PLEASE feel free to actually contact me

.DAVID.

You can sleep in a car but you can't race a house.
www.davidstallardphotography.com
Tags (2)
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Paying for TV I don't have

You have nothing to worry about.

TV M is Virgin's "Freeview" package, so the cost on the package is actually £0 when taken with a phone line. So, unless you have a TiVO charge showing on the account you are paying nothing for getting nothing, so to speak.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Have you walled CS and reported that your missing the box. You must have the connection as you have internet and its split from that. But if you don't call in and report it no one can do anything about it.

and £75 for TV 200BB and phone is not bad
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

You have nothing to worry about.

TV M is Virgin's "Freeview" package, so the cost on the package is actually £0 when taken with a phone line. So, unless you have a TiVO charge showing on the account you are paying nothing for getting nothing, so to speak.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

davidstallard
Dialled in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Makes sense - now why couldn't the irritating 'foreign gentleman' on the phone tell me that rather than going off several times to ask his supervisor - who didn't know either [sigh]

Thanks again, appreciate that

.DAVID.

You can sleep in a car but you can't race a house.
www.davidstallardphotography.com
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

missed the package size just spotted it. so just what nodrogd said Smiley Happy
0 Kudos