Menu
delilah
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Panasonic Smart TV and V+ Box (is it really a problem?)

Okay for the third time in one year my box has crashed  PL:60 this time usually its PL:58 or 54 error.

Now an engineer did say there is a problem with Panasonic Smart TV and the boxes, they do no like each other.   Last engineer two months ago replacing box could not even get the one he brought to boot up at all.  Then next box had to boot through my DVD player!!! 

So why do Virgin not tell customers to be aware of this if it really is a problem?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Panasonic Smart TV and V+ Box (is it really a problem?)

I have 2 V+HD boxes, both running with Panny TV's, & have had no issues in the past 6 years (including updating the TV's to newer models). The problem is usually poor refurbishment of the V+HD boxes, all of which are now pre 2011 manufactured units.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

delilah
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank You!!!!    The TV I have is about 18 months  old the first box which I had for about three years with my old TV and ran with Pan for nearly a year without problem.  The next two first lasted about 6 months and now this one less than two months. 

On Engineer said they had loads of new V+ boxes laying in the warehouse, the next said they were all refurished boxes. 

0 Kudos
delilah
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Well, it seems there was an outage and that was the reason my V+ went nuts.   I got a text cancelling the engineer last night.   I did read on another post people having problems yesterday as well.

0 Kudos