Menu
Kimandmark
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

PL59

PL59 displayed on my box after turning it on after having it turned off a couple of months, how can I get it to boot up? I did / tried to do a tv test online but it kept saying could not complete the test and then said only 3 tests allowed per day!
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: PL59

After boxes are turned off for more than a couple of weeks, they miss updates that keep them authorised on the system. The Forum Team here can arrange to have the necessary signals sent to re-activate your box, but you may be waiting a while. Its a good idea to leave the box on in standby overnight at least once a week toprevent this happening in future.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kimandmark,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting. I'm sorry to hear you've got a PL59 error code.

I've managed to locate your account to run some tests. I've sent the relevant signals down the line. Please restart all devices to allow for these to come through. Is the TV service now working?

Please let me know the outcome.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kimandmark,

Just checking back with you that your box is now working.

Please drop us a line and let us know, even if everything's working, I just want to make sure this has been sorted out for you.

Take care.

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos