Menu
alco_fire
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Overcharged!!! Paying for Premium TV channels when I don't own a TIVO box!!

Typically, I join Sky to get the full bundle of TV, Internet and Telephone.  Due to Sky's horrendous web speeds when i am, I opted for a Sky TV package combined with a Virgin Big Kahuna bundle (No Virgin TV required).  All up it can to approx £55/month (Sky + Virgin) for this but I could then get decent BB speeds.  

Virgin were made aware of this at the time and so I did not get a Tivo box at the install.  In the past few months my Virgin bills have been aprox £80 in isolation (without Sky costs!!).  I scanned through my bills to find I've been charged £40 each month since Nov for the Premium Sports/ Movie channels... Clearly without te Tivo Box I can't even access this..

Yet to approx Virgin....  Not impressed.  

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Overcharged!!! Paying for Premium TV channels when I don't own a TIVO box!!

Hi alco_fire, 

Thanks for your post and welcome the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

Checking the account I can see the package you originally signed up to included 3 services plus a Sky Sports and Movies offer. This meant that you signed up to have the TV service as well as the phone and broadband. 

The reason your bill has gone up now is because the offer you choose when you joined has now expired. 

I would give the team a call on 150 / 0345 454 1111 so they can go through your package with you and remove anything you don't want so you're only paying for the things you do. 

Keep me posted on how the call goes. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Paraopeba12
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Overcharged!!! Paying for Premium TV channels when I don't own a TIVO box!!

Alco

The responce that virgin really want to give...

(Thanks for trying to contact virgin support.. we don't give a removed
How dare you complain for being charged for nothing!! Nothing may be free but freedom comes at a cost)

😂😂😂😂

[MOD EDIT: Inappropriate language removed, please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos