Menu
pauleneja
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Outstanding balance shown on my account closed years ago!

When the cable/analog TV was all that was bail able in Milton Keynes I happily set up account and enjoyed the service.. that is until digital service was the only way forward and I wanted freeview so one payment and done.
I phoned customer services to ask if digital service for hd viewing was available and told no. Therefore i said i had to leave them and close account and go freeview route. Which I did. . So I thought!! I asked them to cancel so no one payments went out on direct debit. They didn't .. I phoned again and said don't worry about that one off payment as it was less than £5.00 just stop it now. I cancelled the direct debit at the bank to make sure it was sorted there too. Months later I get a bill saying I have not paid and direct debit not satisfied so now there were charges to my account as well? !?!
All was meant to be sorted after several letters and phone calls.. until a year later ingot another outstanding bill showing my credit reference as bad!?!
Having spoke to another assistant in customer service no records could be found of phone calls in previous years so i owed the money. Furious as the assistant was rude not even just blunt i said i ought to speak to citizens advice and come back to you. I did and citizens advice assured me to settle it to stop it accruing years of bad credit history then go back from there to collect the funds and remove the history.
I sent the last letter showing all details and asking them to ring me (as no number on the letter as was with all the others I received so not easy to resolve anyway) so I could make payment to and go from there.. months later they have not contacted me at all.. another year will notch up when their standard annual accounting system produces a bland reminder of outstanding amount.. I owe nobody a penny but this company is holding credit file to ransomed and is grossly unforgiveable as actually they owed me money by failing to close the account in time even though a whole month to do it causing this drama to ensue!!!! I am so angry as due to get a new mortgage and this scores me down!!!!
Help if anyone knows a quick route to squash this!
0 Kudos
pauleneja
Joining in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Outstanding balance shown on my account closed years ago!

Please excuse spelling mistakes ..part frustration and part my screen cover is being naughty lol
paulene
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Outstanding balance shown on my account closed years ago!

Hi pauleneja,

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy

I'm very sorry to hear that your billing issue has not yet been resolved.  It's not great to hear that you've not had the best experience when contacting us.  

I'd like to help check this out for you.  I will send you a private message requesting further details.  (Look for the envelope icon above)

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos