Menu
yekim_4321
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Outdated Tv box

Hi all,

Wonder if someone can help me my 82 year old mother has just had to buy a new TV so off to Currys we go and come back with a shiny new 49" smart tv, i unpack it unplug everything from the old one and to my horror realise her virgin box wont connect....it still uses SCART connections and has NTL written on the front...okay thinks i no problem i'll ring up and get her a new box but no matter which number or options i choose i CANNOT speak to a real person to order a box i am now on the verge of cancelling all the services and starting anew with another provider just to get an up to date box with HDMI connections .... surely it should not be this hard......should it?

any help appreciated as my mother likes the tv services she has

OH and just to add will she be charged for a new box?

Mick

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Outdated Tv box

You should be able to change the old V box for a VHD, which has both HDMI & SCART sockets.

VHD box.jpg

There is no increase in rental charge, only a one off delivery charge for the self-install kit.

You should be able to upgrade online through MyVirginMedia, but if you have not set up an account, give Retentions a call (150 option 4 then 5).

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

You should be able to change the old V box for a VHD, which has both HDMI & SCART sockets.

VHD box.jpg

There is no increase in rental charge, only a one off delivery charge for the self-install kit.

You should be able to upgrade online through MyVirginMedia, but if you have not set up an account, give Retentions a call (150 option 4 then 5).

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

yekim_4321
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for that got it resolved and they waved the charges as my mother has been a long standing customer.... win win

many thanks

Mick

0 Kudos