Menu
Bitofadonnet
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Outage in Morecambe yesterday

No TV or Broadband in the Morecambe area from 2350 Tuesday 28/2 to 0800 Thursday 2/3.  Similar in the Carlisle area  also. Any idea of the cause?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
backtothefuture
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Outage in Morecambe yesterday

Hopefully someone from Virgin Media will reply back with full details.

I was told when I spoke to them on the phone (UK call centre) that a main fibre cable had been damaged and they were awaiting approval from Lancashire County Council to dig up the road to replace it.  They said it was a metre and a half of fibre cable that they needed to replace.

As you say services were back up this morning.  I've only been with Virgin Media for 7 days today, so it wasn't a good start.

-

If I have helped please feel free to give 'Kudos' by clicking on the thumbs up icon against any of my posts. If I have helped to solve an issue you can also click on the 'Mark As Helpful Answer' link to mark it as helpful.
0 Kudos

All Replies
backtothefuture
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Outage in Morecambe yesterday

Hopefully someone from Virgin Media will reply back with full details.

I was told when I spoke to them on the phone (UK call centre) that a main fibre cable had been damaged and they were awaiting approval from Lancashire County Council to dig up the road to replace it.  They said it was a metre and a half of fibre cable that they needed to replace.

As you say services were back up this morning.  I've only been with Virgin Media for 7 days today, so it wasn't a good start.

-

If I have helped please feel free to give 'Kudos' by clicking on the thumbs up icon against any of my posts. If I have helped to solve an issue you can also click on the 'Mark As Helpful Answer' link to mark it as helpful.
0 Kudos