Menu
Highlighted
qwerty6969
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Online Contract

I have signed an online contract. Can anyone advise if this is legally binding?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
LittleMick73
Well-informed
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Online Contract

I'm quite sure any lawyer would claim a contract is binding, not that I'm suggesting you should go to litigation but that is the way a lawyer would argue. Regards Micky
0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Can you  elaborate?

What I mean is, as an example-

if you've signed it and changed your mind, you have 14 days to do so with no penalty, that sort of thing.

If you tell us the specific circumstances and your specific question we can help further...

0 Kudos
qwerty6969
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Yes sure. I have signed and agreed a price and now am being told that the price is not correct even though I rang up prior to signing the contract to confirm that the price showing was correct

0 Kudos
qwerty6969
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

From what as been said during numerous conversations with them, it appears that they have added the existing discount from my previous contract. Therefore I am getting two lots of discount whereby I should only get one lot of discount. Obviously an error on their behalf but I did call to confirm that the price shown was correct 

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Well-informed
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I'm quite sure any lawyer would claim a contract is binding, not that I'm suggesting you should go to litigation but that is the way a lawyer would argue. Regards Micky
0 Kudos
qwerty6969
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Micky

i am waiting to speak with a manager on Monday evening and hopefully they will honour the contract but we shall see

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Which is why I asked for you to elaborate.

You have no legal right to the services at that price, if informed it was an error.  Obviously good practice and good customer service would be to let you have it at the agreed price, but its not legally binding, VM can withdraw.

Same as incorrect pricing in store or on the internet.  People think the store legally has to supply goods at the advertised price, but thats simply not true. All sales contracts have the right of unilateral withdrawal up until completion - which in the case of a service contract would be services installed and first bill produced. Of course the reverse applies. If VM refuse to supply services at the agreed price you can tell them where to go and they cannot penalise you in any way. Which of course if its a renewal negotiation (which I suspect), they cannot enforce a new minimum contract term.

LittleMick73 wrote:

Have you ever had a service contract you cant get out of? There may be penalties specified in the TOS, but a contract that was bullet proof and one party had no right to withdraw would be thrown out of a tribunal/court as unfair.

0 Kudos