Menu
cocteau8
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Ongoing red button problems

A couple of months ago, on a rare occasion when I wanted to use the BBC red button, I tried to access it, but eventually, after a considerable time waiting for it to load, the box reset itself. This happened several times. I contacted Virgin, who sent an engineer and we got a new box. For the first time since, I have been trying to use the red button to get the 6 Music Festival and, with the new box,  it keeps on re-setting again! This suggests the fault is not with the individual box, but with Virgin. I know I can access one red button channel on 991, but that gives me no choice. Any suggestions? Thanks

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Ongoing red button problems

Is this a TiVO or V6 box, or one of the older V+/V boxes?

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
cocteau8
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi. It's a V+ box.  Thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi cocteau8, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you are having an issue trying to access the Red Button service on your V+ box. 

Taking a look at your account, your V+ box is looking a little worse for wear. The signal levels are too low and 2 of the tuners aren't working correctly. We will need an engineer to come out and have a look at this. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Speak soon,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos