Menu
veola
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

OnDemand not updated from 21st August to today.

There are no programmes listed in OnDemand for Friday 21st and Saturday 22nd August.  Some programmes are showing for today but they are from 09.30 through to late night, and are the programmes those shown on Sunday 16th August.

How can something like this not get noticed?  Shouldn't there be some sort of regular checks that the service is up and running????

0 Kudos
veola
Tuning in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: OnDemand not updated from 21st August to today.

I have just looked and ondemand/catchup seems to be populated correctly now.  However, the problem still existed earlier today. 

I still have questions ...

How come no-one in Virgin noticed this problem for 3 days?  Shouldn't there be some sort of regular checking procedure to ensure the system is working and programmes are being uploaded?

Why has no-one in Virgin responded to my post - it was a significant problem and I assumed that my report would be noticed and acted upon.

Should I have submitted this problem report in some other way?  I did search the virgin website and could not find any other way of reporting this on-line.

Advice/information welcomed!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi veola,

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that there was missing content on the On Demand service.  I know how annoying this can be when you're wanting to catch up on the latest episode.

We do manage to pick up on most issues before they become a problem, sometimes we won't know until they are reported to us via phone, online or this forum.  Once we have picked up on the issue, depending on the fault/problem, some can be fixed quickly others can take time.

It can take us up to a few days to respond to any post made on the forums.  For any urgent issues, you can report to us via 150 which is Free from any Landline or 0345 454 1111 from any other line.  Alternatively you can have a direct chat to our online team via: Contact Us.

I'm glad to hear that the On Demand listings were updated in the end.  Anytime you have a query or fault, we'll be happy to help out Smiley Happy

Keep in touch Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
veola
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Collette,

Thanks for your response.  There seem to be no further problems so far, which is good. 

I would class this occurrence as a major issue as no programmes were being uploaded for several days and it should have been identified by technical staff long before being reported by a customer. I suspect that a server or router simply needed rebooting!

Can we have some reassurance that procedures are in place to ensure that a problem like this does not unnoticed?  A fairly simple check once or twice a day would not take much to organise as part of a technical team routine.

Thanks for your help. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi veola,

Thank you for your post, Collette isn't in today, so I've picked up your post. I'm glad to hear that you have not had any further issues with the On Demand service.

We certainly appreciate any ideas on how to improve our service and as such, I will be happy to pass on your suggestions.

While we make every effort to identify and resolve issues, such as you experienced with missing On Demand content, sometimes problems or faults aren't picked up until reported from our customers. 

Kind regards.

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos