Menu
veola
Tuning in
Message 1 of 27
Flag for a moderator

OnDemand - no programmes showing Saturday 17th

There is obviously a problem with OnDemand today as there are no programmes listed for today (apart from one Movies programme).

Not for the first time the updating/loading program is not working.  As today is empty of programmes this problem has been going on all day - so why is there no checking process within Virgin for this kind of thing to be picked up until a customer points it out??  This has happened previously so why haven't Virgin got some kind of daily procedure to make sure the uploading takes place. 

paperclip
Rising star
Message 2 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Re: OnDemand - no programmes showing Saturday 17th

There appears to be only a handful of catchup programmes showing which is pitiful being that it's 23:25 on a Saturday evening!

0 Kudos
surfskies
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 27
Flag for a moderator

It looks like the problem is BBC programs yet again. There are no BBC shows at all loaded on V+ catch up since 5.55pm yesterday.

It's pathetic really, the amount of times problems with BBC shows on catch-up have been flagged up and yet still no one from Virgin or the BBC seems to be able to sort the problem out, & it just recurs over & over again.

0 Kudos
paperclip
Rising star
Message 4 of 27
Flag for a moderator

As you can see Virgin Media this is a recurring problem, so can this issue be raised to a higher level within the company?

0 Kudos
Ianmel
Dialled in
Message 5 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Its a shambles isn't it? Trouble is Virgin will blame the BBC.

0 Kudos
paperclip
Rising star
Message 6 of 27
Flag for a moderator

It's currently available on bbci player, so the blame lies with Virgin Media.
0 Kudos
paperclip
Rising star
Message 7 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Not available via iplayer on Virgin Media STB unfortunately!
0 Kudos
heavensent
Tuning in
Message 8 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Thought I'd give a little update on this issue. I just phoned Virgin to report that yet again there was an issue with weekend catch-up programm availability. The rep I spoke to contacted the 'catch-up on demand' team for advice re same. He was told by said team that there isn't a problem. It's the standard norm for there to be virtually no catch-up content available at the weekend. So there you have it guys. 3 pages as opposed to over 20-25 pages of catch-up content is normal at the weekend. Who knew?

0 Kudos
paperclip
Rising star
Message 9 of 27
Flag for a moderator

What they have told you is absolute nonsense. And anyway, the Strictly show has often been made available on catchup as early as 10pm which backs up my statement.
0 Kudos
heavensent
Tuning in
Message 10 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Oh I know it's rubbish. As do the catch-up on demand team. It's one thing to have a problem that needs addressing [yet again]. But it's the lying and total disrespect they have for customers that will be my overriding motivation for contacting retentions tomorrow. Catch-up on demand is part of their TV service. They use it as a hook for new customers. My current package is expensive. So to shrug their shoulders and then lie to customers when there are recurrent issues with any aspect of their service is completely unacceptable.