Menu
Rory443
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

On demand service - charged £14.95, but not ordered or used

Hi all,

been charged £14.95 this month for watching a boxing match! No-one in my household watches boxing - only me and my partner know the pin and neither of us have EVER used on demand. Our 6 year-old does not know the pin and couldn't have ordered it.

This is the third time we have been charged for something like this and we have been refunded both previous incidents. On the last occasion, I requested that the "on-demand" function be DISABLED on my account, but here we are.

Looking on the forums, we are not alone having this trouble with Virgin - on contacting Virgin CS today via chat (as we only use non-Virgin mobiles, so we cannot contact them by telephone for free!), the chap was insistent that someone had used the feature and we had to pay, but was willing to send an engineer round for £99 to come and inspect our system!

**bleep**, I've been a customer for over 10 years (still got ntl email addy) and getting treated like this and spoken to by, seemingly, mindless robots reading off of a 10-line script is really frustrating.

Does anyone on here have a senior manger's contact details who can actually sort this out for me please! or some advice on how to sort this out - sorry for the rant, but really got boiling **bleep** on Christmas Eve!

Thanks in advance...

Rory

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: On demand service - charged £14.95, but not ordered or used

Hi Rory443, 

Thank you for coming in and posting your comments for the first time, welcome in Smiley Happy

I'm very sorry to hear about the confusion here and I'd like to help, I would usually look into the purchase and cost of the boxing however if you have mentioned this not being part of your subscription or PPV then I would call into our team on 150/ 0345 454 1111 and one of the team can help. 

Keep in touch. 

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

Rory443
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ben,

thanks for the reply...

after my own persistence and having another go on the chat service and after getting more "We can send an engineer out for £99", I stuck to my guns, got my refund and am now seriously considering leaving Virgin... basically being called a liar and being told that the "Virgin system is robust" and "there are no mistakes"... well, there have been 3 mistakes on my account - we have NEVER used the "on demand" function, but now been charged 3 times in the last year for "on demand" orders.

I have further been told that the "on demand" function cannot be disabled on my account - well, I don't believe that for a second.

Also received a letter in the post recently saying that the price is going up again!

A customer of over 10 years lost due to seriously poor customer service and a seemingly "we don't care attitude" - disgraceful!

If I can't find anything suitable locally, will simply have the TV package removed from my account...

Kind regards,

Rory

0 Kudos
Katlid
Just joined
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello
I like to think of myself as a loyal customer, always happy to recommend your services to others. Until now. I just checked my online bill.to find I have been charged for a boxing match on 13th December which I can assure you I did not watch or order or enter the pin three times for.
I rung customer services to be told that I had done all of these things. My children were all in bed, they do not know the pin and my husband and I do not watch any sport.if you looked at my history so far you will not see any sports programmes watched by us.
Virgin media would not believe me and told me I had indeed put the pin in three times and watched the boxing match twice.
I am fuming and considering leaving virgin media.
Kat
Katlid
Just joined
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I have also been changed for a boxing match on 13/Dec and virgin have insisted I watched it twice and put in the pin three times. None of us were even in the house. I'm ringing Tomorrow to cancel.if they refuse to refund me