Menu
elnttty
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

On demand out of action for the last 3 weeks

Is anyone else having this problem in the NG12 area. I try to access on demand and I get the message 'Just a moment' and it stays like that. The box has to be rebooted before I can do anything else. Two engineers have been out. When the first one arrived, the box had just started to work and he told me that there had been a network fault in the area due to the failure of the hub at Nottingham Knight roundabout. A few days later it went again and after ringing the call centre again I was sent a V HD box to replace my old silver one, but the same fault was still there. So another engineer was sent out, and I got the same story, that there was a fault at the hub. Yet I look on-line and talk to the call-centre and there is no acknowledgement of this fault. I asked the call-centre today how long it would be until the service would be back and after supposedly calling tech support, was told 1 hour - when there is still no fault recorded with them! It wasn't back in an hour. I asked for a refund due to only having half a TV service and was given one, but I should not have had to ask and I should not have to be chasing information. Admit you have a fault and give us some idea of when it's going to be fixed.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: On demand out of action for the last 3 weeks

Hi elnttty,

A warm welcome to our community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that your On Demand has been not working for so long, I will take a look and see what we can do to get this sorted.  

Currently when I try and check the box remotely it is showing as 'offline'.  Can you let me know if the box is turned on or off at the time of this post?

I know you've mentioned that there's been works going on locally, I will chase this up and see what the latest is.  In the meantime if you can let me know the status of your box that would be great.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
elnttty
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: On demand out of action for the last 3 weeks

I tend to keep the box off when I'm not watching TV, so it probably was off. There were no problems with my box though, the first engineer checked the initial box and the second one checked the new box. Various call centre staff have sent signals that got through also.

However the situation does seem to be improving. I have now managed to access on demand. It is still freezing intermittently though and then refusing to respond which means I have to keep restarting the box.

Hopefully the network fault will be rectified soon, it's just annoying that you have to wait in for an engineer to be then told it's not your box but a network fault. The call centre staff should have been able to tell me this or it should have been published on line. I presume though that they only do that when they know exactly what the fault is and have an estimate of how long it will take to fix. According to the last engineer, they did not have that information. It should still have been published on line and the call centre staff kept updated though.

0 Kudos