Menu
Ziggystarburst
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

On demand is a mess. Programs missing

I have a weird problem.  I rarely use on demand as I hate the interface but I noticed peep show is available.  The problem is, when I select "peep show season 2" I get a list of 5 non connected programs.   Same with series 3.  Contacted Virgin and get the run around for an hour where the upshot is there is a listing fault but they never actually fix it. Tried all the trouble shooting but no joy and I can't face another hour on the phone.  Looks like a package reduction is the only option. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: On demand is a mess. Programs missing

Hi Ziggystarburst,

Thanks for coming by Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that you're having a poor experience with On Demand right now.  I'd like to help check this out for you.

How are things looking today?  If you're still having troubles with On Demand let me know and I can help further.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Ziggystarburst
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

It still doesn't show peep show.  There is no point in me calling customer services and they take me through resets, refreshes etc and to no avail.  I get told it's being escalated, get texts saying it ps fixed but it's not fixed.  When I reply to the text with "help" I get subsequent messages saying it's being repaired eventually ending up with the message "sorry we can't help, phone us".   I can access on demand but once I get to peep show the episodes are not available. Just a random list of programs. Mainly cbbc

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi there Ziggystarburst, 

I'm really sorry to hear that you're not able to view episodes of "Peep Show", I am quite a new fan of this and was glad to see it return this year, but missed most of the episodes, so I'm just as keen to see this issue resolved as you are. 

I've just had a look on our test box and can see Series 1 -8 are showing, however the latest series is missing. Our catch up service can only hold episodes for a limited amount of time, so we would need to wait for us to be able to show it via the On Demand section.

I've sent an email asking when we should expect S9 to be available. 

As soon as I hear anything further I'll let you know. 

However should you be experiencing an issue with any other seasons of Peep show, please let me know what series it is,

Many thanks and apologies once again 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Ziggystarburst
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

All series are available but try actually playing episode 1 of series 2.  It can't be done.  Select series 2 and you just get a choice of 5 shows, only 1 is peep show and its episode 4 the rest are kids programs.  I've explained this so many times.  It has to be a geographical error with your servers.  When I can get a years Netflix subscription that cost almost what I pay a month to virgin (albeit for broadband etc) the on demand service is very poor.  

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for coming back to me on this Ziggy, 

I've just gone through all episodes from S2 on both a TiVo® and a V+ box here, and all play correctly. There are 6 episodes available to me.

So it does look to be a regional thing, could you please tell me if you are trying to watch this on our TiVo® box, or one of our other boxes.

Was S2 just an example of the problem or are the other series also incorrect for you?

Looking forward to hearing from you. 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Ziggystarburst
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

It on both boxes, TiVo and standard hd box.  From memory it's all series.  I've been taken through all the restarts and box refreshes and the end result is the same

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for coming back to me on that, 

I've raised this fault to our network department. The reference for this is F004122077. Initially this will be given an estimated fix time of 29/12, however this may change once they've been able to investigate what is happening.

Apologies once more for any inconvenience. 

Huw

0 Kudos
Ziggystarburst
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Well I waited a few more weeks to see if the service I'm paying for works and I can now see the episodes.  I just can't play them.  I now get "on demand is unavailable". If I'm lucky I can view season 1 which I've already seen.  In short it's still poor.  When I get the chance my whole tv package is going.  Mentioned before but there's no point in me calling tech support as I get walked through restarts for an hour.  The error code is 6167/vm1 if that helps

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ziggystarburst,

Thank you for coming back and letting the Community know about the situation. 

I'm sorry that this is still ongoing and would like to help more. The fault in question has been resolved but I've been able to see other issues that would need some attention.

I've sent you a 'Private Message', you can find this by clicking on the little purple envelope near the top right of the page.

Stay in touch and have a fab day

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos