Menu
StuartPotter
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

On demand catch up services annoyed

I see the catch up and on demand menu has changed for the worse.

My main gripe is that Magic City is being advertised as available from the 1st of September for TV XL customers of which I am.

So off I toddle into the digital world of my TV screen via my V+ box to find it as advertised, low and behold it is not there, I looked everywhere under the remote, in the pixels I even tipped the TV on its side in case it had got stuck in the HDMI cable but alas no sign of it. Why is something advertised but not available or is there other forces at work here perhaps even alien forces from planet Zargon.

I even checked those mysterious Tivo wotsits that my offspring have in their rooms only to find the same situation. 

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: On demand catch up services annoyed

Hi StuartPotter,

Welcome to the Community Forum and thanks for your post. I'm sorry to hear that you are having problems with our Catch Up and On Demand service. I've recently started watching Magic City as well and can understand your frustration with not being able to view the series. You'll be relieved to hear that no alien forces from planet Zargon are responsible for the problems with your On Demand service this time.

Some of our great Box Set content that was meant to be TiVo only has been appearing on our other boxes. As part of our upgrades to TiVo, including Series Link + and a much smoother, easier On Demand menu, this content is now only available on TiVo. You’ll still be able to enjoy all our great Box Sets on your main TiVo box as well as loads of great On Demand content and 7 day Catch-Up on your additional boxes.

While Magic City isn't available on non-TiVo boxes, I can verify it is available on the TiVo box. Just click on Home > On Demand >Box Sets and you will see the Magic City icon--just click on that and you will see the option to view Series 1 or 2.

Please let us know how this goes for you and what you think of Magic City. 

Kind regards,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
StuartPotter
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Aha that explains it. Magic city is available for TV XL on TiVo only. Looks like I will have to drag one of the TiVo wotsits into the lounge and see if it worx, its OK though I have a Faraday cage set up so the aliens from planet Zargon won't be able to tune in or interfere.

I don't believe it is made clear when advertising certain box sets that they are only available to TV XL on TiVo only.

I love my V+ BOX  it does what I want it to and does not try to second guess what I want, it suits me sir or at least it used too.

It feels like I am being subtly forced into using something I just do not like or want.

Are you sure the aliens from planet Zargon are not forcing you into forcing your customers into something they do not want, with the ultimate aim to take over the world and TiVoNiZe everyone onto the TiVo platform of digital fantasia.

Good day to you all

CiaranL
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Terri_P wrote:

While Magic City isn't available on non-TiVo boxes, I can verify it is available on the TiVo box.  

How about not advertising it as being available on TV XL if it's a Tivo exclusive. Those who don't have Tivo but do have XL are of course long standing customers, whom you seem to have absolutely no respect for but you really should not advertise a show as being available when it is not.

0 Kudos
sch
Dialled in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I'm inclined to agree with you. We have been customers for years with a V+ also on XL package but can't get box sets, certain channels, TV anywhere app etc yet still get the price rise as everyone else. Now looking at BT TV.

0 Kudos