Menu
LucyLu2409
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

On demand Catch up tv delays

Why are there such massive delays with programmes being added to the on demand catch up to service?
Practically any programme shown on BBC and some on ITV yesterday are yet to be uploaded to On demand. And this is a regular occurrence, particularly at weekends. And programmes are only available for 7 days, which I understand, but it's a poor show if you can't access them for 2 of those days!
I am aware I can use BBC iPlayer and other apps, but we want to watch programmes as a family on the tv, rather than desperately huddled round a computer struggling to see.
As someone who works shifts and cannot guarantee when I can be home, it's incredibly frustrating trying to catch up when programmes aren't there. I would overlook it if it were an occasional occurrence, but it's becoming increasingly common, with the delay increasingly long.
Tags (3)
tubehound
Tuning in
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: On demand Catch up tv delays

I've never got a satisfactory answer to this one. Now using Chromecast to watch the latest stuff on iPlayer. I hear the Amazon Firestick is OK too.
0 Kudos
Flossy744
Superfast
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

LucyLu2409 wrote:
Why are there such massive delays with programmes being added to the on demand catch up to service?
Practically any programme shown on BBC and some on ITV yesterday are yet to be uploaded to On demand. And this is a regular occurrence, particularly at weekends. And programmes are only available for 7 days, which I understand, but it's a poor show if you can't access them for 2 of those days!
I am aware I can use BBC iPlayer and other apps, but we want to watch programmes as a family on the tv, rather than desperately huddled round a computer struggling to see.
As someone who works shifts and cannot guarantee when I can be home, it's incredibly frustrating trying to catch up when programmes aren't there. I would overlook it if it were an occasional occurrence, but it's becoming increasingly common, with the delay increasingly long.

This is most annoying, my husband sat down to watch a BBC program on catch up this morning and nothing from Sunday from BBC has loaded and were paying for this !!!!

Rogman
Dialled in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Yes a right pain! Come on VM get this sorted ASAP.

surfskies
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Yep, this has been happening on V+ boxes for ages, particularly with BBC programmes.

I've never gotten a satisfactory response from Virgin on this & doubt we will this time either. They seem incapable of appreciating that it's an ongoing (not to mention very frustrating) problem.

Highlighted
Flossy744
Superfast
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Yes, here we are 6-15 pm and still no Sunday BBC Catch up, just ruined our Monday night as we were going to watch catch up from BBC last night !!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE virgin sort it out.Smiley Mad

polygonum
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Even worse that BBC iPlayer gives 29 days to view....

It's just more of a pain for us to use than the VM on demand which we are paying for.
0 Kudos
Flossy744
Superfast
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Well I have to say mine is back to normal today, thank you VM Smiley Happy

I did look on Service Status and this is what I got last night.

Missing Catch Up Content from Fri, Sat and Sunday.

Our engineer is working to fix the problem.

Fix estimate
23   February 13:00

Manage updates

You might find that your not able to watch Hollyoaks 22nd Feb 11:00 on your Virgin Media TV Catch Up, On Demand or TV Choice service at the moment.

Our engineer is working to fix the problem.

0 Kudos