Menu
Baldock
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

On Demand

My On Demand service is almost useless. I reported this matter to Virgin in December. I was promised a call back from a manager in 25 mins. Still waiting.........

Tough to speak to a human via 150. It would seem the only way to speak to an operative is to ring a sales line, which is answered immediately. Mysteriously I am regularly cut off during transfer to the relevant dept., as sales staff cannot help regarding appalling service. Its as if nobody wants to solve the problem Smiley Wink

Is my service fit for purpose if I cannot get what I was promised when I entered into a contract? I just asked the Virgin saleswoman ( who rang to sell me mobile phones, it was her that promised to " make a note " ) that question, and she sidestepped it. I have been promised a note will be left on my account, although she wouldn't detail my issues. I won't hold my breath waiting for some action to come of it. Never know, it might remind them I was promised a call back.........and I might win Euromillions........

Should a salesman be allowed to get away with saying my daughter will be able to get Virgin on her X-Box as she did on sky, when this is not true? How about promising Match Choice on Sky Sports? I tried the red button, to my surprise nothing happened, and I couldn't access the game I wanted to watch! I could only find out I had been mislead after I had entered into a contract. Shouldn't be allowed Smiley Wink Oh, it isn't?? :0

Got to admit I'm a heap fed up. I moved from a perfectly functional service for this nonsense. Why should I be bound by a contract when I cannot get what I was told I could get? On Demand means I can get it when it suits me. If you cant provide this, your service is NOT FIT FOR PURPOSE! I don't care if Virgin don't class it as part of the package, I do! Give me what you promised Virgin, or release me from my contract without prejudice. This is EXACTLY the reason I went to sky 8 years ago. It would seem nothing has changed, and that any promise made by the sales team should be taken with a large pinch of salt. Hope the judge does the same re: my contract........the one Virgin doesn't seem to want to honour!

I am HAPPY to pay for what I am promised. That said, I am unhappy paying full price when I cannot get a full service. I am less happy when I tell this to a Virgin operative that does nothing to rectify any concern, and promises a call from a manager that does not materialise. Does anyone think they should pay in full for something they are not able to receive? I asked for a discount as I couldn't get the advertised service, and was refused. Is this fair??? Are you going to refund me, or will u just keep taking my money, disregarding my rights as a paying customer? Do I have to get a small claims court to agree that providing the service you advertise is the bare minimum you should be expected to provide? I simply want what your salesman promised, is this a reality, or was it just a story I was told for a commitment? Do Virgin want my custom? Sky are offering a huge discount to go back to a service that works when I need it to, should I refuse this in favour of a company that are not interested in the issues I am having, and disregard my complaints???? Please someone, give me an indication of what I should do, as I am struggling with the conflict.......

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: On Demand

Hello Baldock,

Thank you for making us aware of this and I'm sorry to learn about the problems you've been experiencing.

I would just like to know more about this so can you let me know what's been happening with your On Demand service?

I would also like to make sure I have the right account here so I'm just going to send you a private message which you will find if you click on the purple envelope at the top right of the screen.

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Baldock
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

The details requested in the PM have been sent. Today we settled down to watch Demolition using on demand. We had 2 error 405s and 2 error 407s before we gave up. My wife then tried to watch The Meddler. Half way through there was a 405 error, but we were able to resume watching by restarting. This is not "On Demand" viewing, as when we want to watch something it doesn't work. I reported this via the phone 150 service in December ( when I was told the fault would be resolved 23/12/2016 ), and again 2 weeks ago on here, and only got a response yesterday. 2 weeks!! I wanted to watch Haye v Bellew tonight, but can't trust my media provider to provide the viewing for my £16 + agent fee. This is ridiculous. It is also "not fit for purpose" yet I am expected to pay full amount for a service you will not provide. I am willing to give a full month for you to rectify this fault, but I will NOT pay the full amount, as I cannot get the full service. I will not pay another bill until either my service works as advertised, or a fair discount has been applied to my bill, and backdated to the start of my contract. If it is not working properly when I require after 4/4/2017 then I will have no alternative but to discontinue this service, as it is not as advertised.

It seems I am not alone: https://www.facebook.com/virginmedia/posts/739976829349011

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3730823

https://forums.digitalspy.com/discussion/1587155/virgin-media-on-demand-service-not-working

https://www.avforums.com/threads/virgin-on-demand-not-available.675195/

Please DO SOMETHING, anything would be good, I only want what you advertise, no special treatment, just a service that does what it says it does.

Thankyou.

Baldock
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

PS. As this is in writing, please accept it as written notice that should the service not work fully by 4/4/2017 we will cease our TV part of the package. The internet works properly, so we would be willing to continue as a Virgin Internet customer, but as the TV service is not fully functional we would not continue this any further. This is as per Sale of Goods and Services Act 1982 , please find attached a copy of the said act.

http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/supply-of-goods-and-services-act-1982

As the service does not work as advertised, it is covered by this act, contract or not. Simply, give me the service advertised, or allow me to cease my account without prejudice.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello Baldock,

Thanks for getting back with your details I have been able to locate your account.

If any programs are still displaying an error code right now then please let me know what they are so I can get these raised if they haven't been already.

Unfortunately we can't accept a written notice over the forum as this isn't valid and we don't have the authority to cancel your account, the only way to cancel would be to give our customer retention's team a call on 150 from a Virgin Media landline or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone.

Alternatively you can write to us at  - 

Virgin Media,

PO Box 333,

Matrix Court,

Swansea,

SA7 9ZJ.

If you decide not to pay your bill then this is out of my control and your services may be restricted because again we don't have authority to interfere with this so you would need to speak to our credit team over the phone who will be able to discuss this with you.

Otherwise if there are any programs that are displaying these error codes then please let me know the names and what On Demand channels they're from so I can investigate this for you.

Kind regards

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos