Menu
bigmikeh
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

On Demand menus won't work

On demand service has been very patchy for the last week or so (NG11 6HX, Ruddington) Couldn't catch up last night, and not working tonight. Menus just freeze. Is this just me or is there a service issue? Nothing flagged under service status.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: On Demand menus won't work

Hi bigmikeh,

A warm welcome to our community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that the On Demand menu's aren't working properly at the moment.  I'll be happy to help look into this for you.

I have taken a look at your box remotely, at present all looks great signal wise.  I'd like ot know a bit more about the fault if that's ok?  If you don't mind getting back to me with the following information:

*  Will the fault occur at specific times of the day?

*  Does any kind of error message pop up when the menu freezes?  

*  Will the freeze happen when just navigating the menu or will it occur when you order a programme?

If you can let me know I can help further.  Keep me posted Smiley Happy

Collette.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
bigmikeh
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Collette. Thanks for your response. Just checked and we still have a problem this evening.

We select "On Demand and Catch Up TV" on the home menu. The little box pops up in the corner "Just a moment" and that's as far as we get.

Everything freezes. We can't get back to TV or do anything without unplugging the set top box and rebooting. No error messages and it happens whenever we try, any time of day.

We are surviving by watching catch-up on my laptop but its a chore.

Any help appreciated. Do we need to call out an engineer?

Mike

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mike

Thanks for taking the time to get back to us, I'm sorry again for the inconvenience this is causing.

We'd like to arrange for a member of the team to come and take a closer look if you're available? I've sent you information regarding this in a private message, which you can view by clicking the purple envelope on the top right of this page.

We'll speak soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
bigmikeh
Joining in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Appointment made for engineer and now cancelled as network fault has been found. When will it be fixed I wonder?

0 Kudos
PeterMcC
Joining in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Same here in West Bridgford just down the road. I've posted under Tivo discussion "Failure to fix TV service" By the look of it, there's a local problem.

0 Kudos
bigmikeh
Joining in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

So the network fault was meant to be fixed by Monday afternoon but nothing happened. So I've spoken to Virgin Media again today and been assured that it will be fixed by 4pm this afternoon - Tuesday 22nd.

Meanwhile the Service Status page shows everything is ok, when clearly it's not, and just checked again - now the service status page is down.

Finally spoke to them about a credit to my account to be told it would only be possible from today. So that's something else I'll have to fight for.

All pretty incompetent really. 

Would a Virgin representative like to comment?

PS.  I bought a Freeview recorder on Saturday. Should make life simpler!

0 Kudos
PeterMcC
Joining in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

It's a classic case of failure to inform — I've spent over seven hours on this and a simple status alert would have saved me all that time.

In any business, problems occur, mistakes are made, equipment fails — no one expects perfection; however, if Virgin were to let customers know that the problem is at their end, consumers could be saved a lot of time and trouble and we would simply wait for the fix.

0 Kudos
bigmikeh
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

On Demand/Catch up is at last working this evening......

0 Kudos
PeterMcC
Joining in
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Working here as well. Kudos to the techies but lessons to be learnt by the coms team.
0 Kudos