Menu
Lynnych
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

On Demand Missing Episodes

Hi I have just checked On Demand (Tivo) as I fancied watching Silent Witness. However there are 3 Series - 8, 9,10 - BUT only the following Episodes are available E1,E3,E5,E7 in fact there are NO even Episode numbers to view??? Now I know that Silent Witness broadcast 2 linked Episodes 1&2 - always have done, so any ideas about why only the 1st Episode is showing for each Series - VERY FRUSTRATING!!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: On Demand Missing Episodes

Hi Lynnych,

Welcome to the Community Forum and thanks for your post. I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing a problem with missing episodes of Silent Witness. 

Are you accessing your On Demand using a TiVo® or a V+ or Vhd box?

Silent Witness On Demand is provided via the BBC iPlayer. Are you able to access your iPlayer app to view the On Demand episodes?

Please let me know.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Lynnych
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Terri I am using Tivo to access on demand. I can't access any episodes via V+ as the line up is very limited. I used the on demand Drama icon on Tivo and paged down to Silent Witness icon and the episodes were as my original post. I tried BBCiplayer but they only have the current recent shows available. I did try another route - 'Explore this show' and after searching through everything listed I found the missing shows but it beggars belief that the link from the Icon fails to pick everything up. I do recall I noticed this from another show (can't recall which) so this is not isolated. My understanding was Virgin were simplifying searches but since I was advised this had apparently happened I can't see any difference. In fact the only way to find anything is to do a manual input - kinda defeats the Icons which clearly don't work.. sorry to harp on but Virgin are not my favourite provider right now and for the money I pay I am seriously considering changing to Sky who have the simplest search options out there...
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lynnych,

Thanks for getting back to me. All BBC programmes are only available via the BBC iPlayer and cannot be bypassed by the TiVo® functions.

If you set a Series Link+ or WishList setting for the BBC programmes that you want to watch, then these shows will be saved to your TiVo® hard drive and accessible at your convenience.

If you would like more information about this, please see our online Help & Support page: Recording TV on your Virgin TV Box.

Apologies for the inconvenience that this causes. 

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Lynnych
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi I think you have misunderstood. BBCiplayer is accessed via their app on Tivo or via Catch Up. At this point in time they only have 2 episodes from Jan 2017 which I have seen. My question is why is every 2nd episode of each 2 programmes groups (classically 1&2 are a complete story and 3 stories each season) currently on "Tivo On Demand" only displaying the 1st Episode of each storyline? Please look at On Demand - Box Sets - Drama - Silent Witness. I am looking at it now it reads - Series 8, 9, 10. In all 3 groups episodes are missing; namely the 2nd part of each storyline. In fact Series 9 has 4 Episodes missing(?!?).
This is nothing to do with any ipayer that I can access as my iplayer shows 2 programmes only on Catch Up so where are the missing programmes on Tivo On Demand as they clearly have access to library episodes?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hello Lynnych,

Thanks for getting back to us with this information.

If this has not been resolved for you now then I'll need to get this raised.

I have sent signals to the box so if you could reboot by the mains and let me know if those episodes have appeared please.

Otherwise I'll just need to know exactly what series/episodes are missing so I can forward this on to our fault team.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Lynnych
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi there
I did the full reboot but still the sameSmiley Sad..

Episodes missing are:
Series 8 - 2, 4, 6, 8
Series 9 - 2, 3, 4, 6, 8
Series 10 - 2, 4, 6, 8, 10

I took 3 screen photos but can't attach them unless you tell me how??
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for providing this information, I'll forward his on.

I forgot to ask if they were missing from both boxes or just the one?

You should be able to attach photos by pressing on the symbol that looks like a camera  just above where you type.

Speak soon

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Lynnych
Joining in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi sadly the V+ box I have doesn't have a fraction of the programs as Tivo has so it's just on Tivo. I am using my mobile and there is no camera symbol - not having much luck here...
0 Kudos