Menu
Costanza1874
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

On Demand Error - Code 1068

Hi,

Having issues accessing on demand last few days whereby selecting on Demand returns 'Just a moment' message for a few minutes then error message returned with vode 1068.
This continues with most attempts although tonight after 25 minutes of trying, managed to access a program.
Are the above problems related to a box defect?

Cheers,
Steven
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: On Demand Error - Code 1068

Hi Steven, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. 

I'm sorry to hear that you are having an issue with your On Demand. 

I have taken a look at the account to see what's going on and can see that your box currently shows as offline. Have you turned this off? 

If so please turn it back on and let me know when you have done this so we can re test the box stats Smiley Happy

Speak soon,

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Costanza1874
Joining in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi,
Thanks for response and sorry for not getting back sooner. The box was offline as we had switched off. WIll be on in the evenings so let me know the best time to switch on and then you can test this.

Cheers,
Steven
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Switched off at the mains?
Not advisable - they're designed to be on 24/7, if nothing else, to download the EPG updates!

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos
Costanza1874
Joining in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Yeah at mains as in bedroom so not always on.
Have left on now, so should be available to test
cheers
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hello Costanza1874, 

I am sorry to hear that you have been experiencing this issue. I have now been able to run some testing on your set top box, and this has not shown any particular issues at all. I have sent some signals to refresh everything for you, apologies if this has disrupted anything this morning as these signals may cause the set top box to reboot. 

I would like you to test the On Demand service over the next couple of days and let me know if you continue to experience this issue. 

As PrinterElf has said, powering off the set top box is not always the best thing to do, updates are sent to the box periodically, these will update the EPG and software. Leaving the box powered on allows it to communicate with our servers and this prevents things like the smart card becoming invalid. I do understand that you may be looking at the power usage at leaving the box powered on at all times, however the standby feature in the box does dramatically reduce the power consumption. 

Please let me know how things go. 

Cheers

Huw

P.S. I just saw you latest reply coming in as I was typing this message Smiley Happy 

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Costanza1874
Joining in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thanks very much for the reply. Will test it out and let you know.
Cheers
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Costanza1874,

I wanted to pop by and see how things are going.  

I hope all is ok now for you with On Demand and that you're not experiencing this error code any longer.  If you are still experiencing any issues please do get back to us and we'll be happy to help.

Keep in touch Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
alstukes
Joining in
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

I'm now getting this error code on my upstairs stb, how was this resolved in the end?
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Alstukes,

Thank you for coming back and posting your comments.

I'm sorry to see the error is occurring here. I have been into the account and can see that one box may not be reporting back to us here. This may be due to the box being turned off at the time of my test. Can you tell me if this was on during the same time of my message?

Also I did notice that your upstream power levels aren't working as they should on other services. just so we can make sure there's nothing going on in the house I'd like to arrange a visit. I've sent you a 'Private Message', you can find this by clicking on the little blue envelope near the top right of the page.

Get back to me when you can.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos