Menu
jon_rachel
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

On Demand 319 Error Sky Movies

Please can you explain to me why the On Demand service for Sky Movies (especially in HD) is intermittant at best and unavailable for periods of time? I often get the 319 error message and despite several complaints have never had a satisfactory response nor proper compensation for a complete loss of service. The product is not as advertised!

I can see multiple people have the same issue and I don't feel Virgin is taking the issue seriously. To be told its a free service is a complete nonsense and demonstrates the lack of respect Virgin have for its customers. A £1.60 credit was ludicrous, a £10 credit to close a compliant is tantamount to a bribe.

I am sure if other people agree with me and will consider reverting to / joining Sky (where in 13 years I had no such issues).

How many of your staff are tied up giving the same glib 'it will be fixed shortly' answers on live chat, email, facebook, twitter, on the phone and this forum. Its not fair on them as I imagine they get daily irate customers venting their frustration. You really need to get a grip.

I wonder if a social media campaign to highlight the issue would focus the companies attention. Alternatively an action group, a letter to the Media and/or a letter to the Obundsman. You are leaving your customers little choice!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: On Demand 319 Error Sky Movies

Hi jon_rachel,

Thanks for your posts on the Forum. I'm sorry that you are experiencing a problem viewing On Demand programmes.

This is a known issue that our technicians are still working on due to the complexities of the fault.

If you are getting the Error 319 when trying to view On Demand programmes that have just been aired live or broadcast for the first time, please retry again later.

We apologise for the inconvenience this ongoing issue causes.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
japitts
Well-informed
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: On Demand 319 Error Sky Movies

Glad I found this post, I had a call with (offshore) faults-CS earlier today on this very subject, after the customary box-reboot (to send some "booster signals" apparently), they've booked me a tech visit tomorrow.

I know as well as most posters on here, that tech visit isn't going to solve the issue - but it does seem a service-failing that they didn't have some briefing or understanding on this. To think that a customer somewhere in this area could be off-service because of my unnecessary tech appointment is what annoys the most - unfortunately it does seem the next stage in getting an official answer.

0 Kudos