Menu
mike33
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Old telewest box

My grandmother has been with virgin for about 10 years and still has the old telewest box she only has the basic free view channels which she is happy with now her old remote has stopped working can she update her box and remote at not extra charge and still pay the same has she does now
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Old telewest box

My thoughts are probably no.

Technology has moved on & all TV boxes now carry a subscription charge of some kind. VM no longer offer a "basic" box. The box you are likely to end up with can record 6 channels at once & access a whole plethora of On Demand content, all of which you have to pay at least £5 a month for even on "Player TV" which is VM's freeview equivalent.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Old telewest box

Couple of things to point out

Virgin Media do still have remotes that are compatible with the older boxes, if that's all that is required.

Also, the Virgin TV V6 box is only available if you also have broadband. If you don't you'll get a TiVo box as part of any replacement or box swap.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos