Menu
StevieBee
Tuning in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Old V HD Box Switching Itself Off

Over the last couple of days the picture from my V HD box has gone intermittently blank, no sound either. Today it has started switching itself off for no reason.

The power button failed to activate the box and even switching off and on at the wall socket had no effect. I have somehow managed to get it working again by disconnecting and connecting the box again. It rebooted, but I had to change channels to get a picture to appear.

Worryingly when I try to run a diagnostic check online, that doesn't seem to initiate either.

Not sure how old the box is, could be 10 years. Maybe it's time to get a new box. 

Have been a customer since 1998 through Cable & Wireless, ntl and Virgin so hopefully this isn't going to be difficult to arrange. Timing could not have been worse, Cheltenham just about to start and the prospect of the TV picture disappearing at any moment!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Old V HD Box Switching Itself Off

When was the last time you re-negotiated your package?

All the up to date packages come with the latest boxes as standard. You could also find it cheaper than just upgrading the box on your existing one.

Give retentions a call (150 option 1 then 4 then 5) & see what is on offer.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos