Menu
Chea
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Old V Box Update ?

Hello everyone,

Excuse my first post being a question rather than an introduction but it's out of desperation more than anything else...

First a bit of history on me:

I've been with Virgin for a number of years now, in fact longer than Virgin have owned to company. I think it was NTL or Cable & Wireless when I joined back in '' 95. I've always been happy with the services i've had, hence the amount of time I stayed a customer.

Anyway (and now to my question / query), I am trying to upgrade my TV, however most TV's these days (or at least the ones I am interested in) only come with HDMI sockets rather than Scart, and my old 'Pace' V Box (not V+ Box) only has a Scart socket - no HDMI. So do Virgin update their boxes and if so, how can I update mine so I can connect via an HDMI cable to the new TV ?

I've tried ringing on 150 but can never actually speak to a person, just multiple choice options (press 1 for this / 2 for that etc..)

Thank you for any info' than anyone can share and wishing you all a great Christmas.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Old V Box Update ?

You have two options, you can swap to either a TiVo box, or a V6 box

Both would come with a £14.99 activation fee and would probably also prompt a review of your bundle to ensure you're on the best value, so what the monthly price change would be would depend on that.

There are no one off fees for the 500GB TiVo, and depending on your TV pack and broadband speed you'd pay either £99.95 or £49.95 as a one off fee for the V6 box.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
Chea
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi BenMcr and firstly thank you for your reply it is appreciated.

I kind of thought a fee may be likely although as it's Virgins equipment that's effectively outdated, I was hoping that an updated box would be a standard thing they would give out to existing customers, but I guess not.

So other than the 150 number that i've tried already, with no luck, any idea on how I contact them to arrange for an up to date box ?

Thanks again.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

You can either try using the online chat option via the Contact Us link at the bottom of this page, or sign in here: https://my.virginmedia.com/ to have a look at the offers available to you as a customer.

The simplest option though may well be to ring in on 150 and choose the following options:
1 (TV, Broadband, Phone)
1 (yes, it is this number)
4 (make changes)
5 (If you're thinking of leaving us)

Explain your situation and the UK team should be able to get you sorted.

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
Chea
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi PrinterElf and thank you also for your reply.

Sounds encouraging, so i'll give those options you list a try and reply back with the results.

Thanks again.
0 Kudos