Menu
krisby
Tuning in
Message 1 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Offer to add sky sports

So I accepted an offer on Friday morning to upgrade to Sky Sports, when I clicked accept it said it would take 48 hours to activate, or 72 at most, as of this morning, 96 hours after confirmation, the channels were still not present, despite hard resets of my TIVO box.

Pretty poor show baiting people like that then not even doing anything about it.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Re: Offer to add sky sports

Hi krisby,

Thanks for posting. I'm sorry to hear Sky Sports has not been activated yet.

How did you go about upgraded? Are you able to tell me what day this was too?

Look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
krisby
Tuning in
Message 3 of 19
Flag for a moderator

It was an email offer from Virgin offering 50% off the Sky Sports package for 3 months. The link took me to virginmedia, gave me the option of normal or HD, I selected HD, accepted the terms and conditions and a message was then on screen thanking me for upgrading and that my new channels would be added within 48 hours, or 72 at most (words to that affect, not verbatim obviously). 

That was last Friday morning, and here we are now at the following Thursday, more than 144 hours after the longest period I was told to wait.

0 Kudos
krisby
Tuning in
Message 4 of 19
Flag for a moderator

found the email:

Get ready for a massive summer of Formula 1!

F1® comes to Europe

Fasten your seat belts, Lewis is ready to roar

Save 50% on Sky Sports for 3 months!
Jennifer, are you ready for a scorching summer of F1® action on Sky Sports? The excitement begins at this weekend’s 2015 FORMULA 1 PIRELLI SPANISH GRAND PRIX and continues a fortnight later with the world-famous 2015 FORMULA 1 MONACO GRAND PRIX…
Both races are exclusively live on Sky Sports F1®. Watch them and more heart-racing action on all seven Sky Sports channels for
just £14.63 a month and £29.25 a month after that.

Get it now

0 Kudos
krisby
Tuning in
Message 5 of 19
Flag for a moderator

I had the email through to say its now been added, so thanks for that.

But it seems there is some confusion, it was meant to be £21.xx but an email I've just received states it will be £36.25 after discount. This is quite annoying, I followed your rules, I agreed to the price and Virginmedia take twice as long as agreed to enable it, then want to charge me nearly double as well.

I'll simply cancel if Virginmedia can't stand by your own offers.

0 Kudos
krisby
Tuning in
Message 6 of 19
Flag for a moderator

tried chat with some unhelpful non-customer service woman to query why the bill is more than I agreed.
So cancelling now, but no, I still can't amend my package online, and the error on your page is like its a new fault, but its always been that way.
Infuritating! whilst I am at it, I should get 3 years of mobile data refunded too, seeing as I can rarely use it.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Depending on when your billing cycle starts, it's possible that the additional charge is the pro-rata amount from date of Sky Sports being applied, plus the following month.

It's the same reason your first month's bill is always double what your normal bill is.

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos
Mr_K
Well-informed
Message 8 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Never do any package changes online with VM, it just doesn't work, never has for some reason.  You're best ringing up.  

If you are really hacked off threaten to leave via retentions and you'll be amazed what wonderful customer service and discounts you suddenly get.

0 Kudos
krisby
Tuning in
Message 9 of 19
Flag for a moderator

PrinterElf wrote:

Depending on when your billing cycle starts, it's possible that the additional charge is the pro-rata amount from date of Sky Sports being applied, plus the following month.

It's the same reason your first month's bill is always double what your normal bill is.

It doesn't stipulate that, but I guess it might do, just would have been helpful if "Lalit" could have told me that.

0 Kudos
krisby
Tuning in
Message 10 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Mr_K wrote:

Never do any package changes online with VM, it just doesn't work, never has for some reason.  You're best ringing up.  

If you are really hacked off threaten to leave via retentions and you'll be amazed what wonderful customer service and discounts you suddenly get.

I don't necessarily want to leave, I'll just cancel the upgrade to Sky Sports, though I understand what you're saying.

0 Kudos