Menu
mg2
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Odd display on tv

Hello to anybody out there

Just in from work. Turned on tv. Have a pink screen with a two line conversation:

"It's late. Expecting someone?" "Yeah, Hughes. Work related."

I think it is possible that when I left for work my laptop was resting on my tv control, but does anybody know what to do so I can watch tv please?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
mg2
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Odd display on tv

hello again

okay I think I see where you are going with this. I feel incredibly stupid. When you say the box you mean the black thing that looks like a little bit like an old fashioned video recorder?  Yes, I am ashamed to say I have been turning the tv off and on. Oh lord. I have just turned the box off. Waited, turned it on. Starting up appears on the screen, then no signal. Now starting up has appeared again and I am still waiting, so progress of sorts. All back to normal!  thank you so so much.

0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I think you are watching "White Collar"

Press the HOME button on your TiVo remote, should take you back

If not standard technical advice- switch it off, wait 30 seconds, switch it on again

0 Kudos
mg2
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for that. From what you said I now realise that the text I am looking at are subtitles. Unfortunately I have turned it off and on again and pressed home frequently, but nothing changes. I have been on source but no matter what I pick it doesn't take me back to normal tv.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Im assuming you have TiVo/V HD+ box- it is THAT you have switched off and on, not the telly?

If so, it sounds like a knackered box. You can wait for staff on here to pick it up (couple of days usually) or ring in on 150 to arrange a replacement

0 Kudos
mg2
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

hello again

okay I think I see where you are going with this. I feel incredibly stupid. When you say the box you mean the black thing that looks like a little bit like an old fashioned video recorder?  Yes, I am ashamed to say I have been turning the tv off and on. Oh lord. I have just turned the box off. Waited, turned it on. Starting up appears on the screen, then no signal. Now starting up has appeared again and I am still waiting, so progress of sorts. All back to normal!  thank you so so much.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

No problem at all, don't feel silly. Trust me, I have been caught out by similair issues!

Glad all is okay for you

0 Kudos