Menu
rugfoot
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Notice period of contract cancellation?

Is there a notice period to cancel a contract? Or when can I validly cancel a VM contract? Thanks

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Notice period of contract cancellation?

You can cancel a contract any time after your minimum term has expired with 30 days notice. You actually can cancel any time but cancelling outside of my previous statement may incur EDF's or other fees.

Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Its normally been 12 months, but there was a move to 18 month contracts for a while.

They dont deal with contract issues on here so you'll need to ring in on 150 if you want to when your minimum term ends. It SHOULD be stated on your original paperwork.

Be aware that if you ring in to cancel and are made an offer of a reduction in price or whatever- that invokes a new minimum term. Changes to your package also invoke a new minimum term so its not always as cut and dried as "I had a 12 month contract and I took it out 11 months ago, Ive one month left."

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

You can cancel a contract any time after your minimum term has expired with 30 days notice. You actually can cancel any time but cancelling outside of my previous statement may incur EDF's or other fees.

rugfoot
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks so much for your reply Kippies - that's really useful. Do you know what the minimum term is usually? My contract expires in May. Richard

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Its normally been 12 months, but there was a move to 18 month contracts for a while.

They dont deal with contract issues on here so you'll need to ring in on 150 if you want to when your minimum term ends. It SHOULD be stated on your original paperwork.

Be aware that if you ring in to cancel and are made an offer of a reduction in price or whatever- that invokes a new minimum term. Changes to your package also invoke a new minimum term so its not always as cut and dried as "I had a 12 month contract and I took it out 11 months ago, Ive one month left."