Menu
Deedeeuk
Joining in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Not taping BBC1 shows: PLAYback directs to iPlayer ?

Hi, new to forum so apologies if already discussed......

Set tivo to record a BBC1 show. It showed up on My Shows with a Folder icon. Just gone to watch it but doesn't allow me to press PLAY, it just says option to watch is iPlayer. I have never experienced this before ? Impossible to watch iPlayer via TIVO (dreadful), fortunately we have Apple TV so I could watch there.

But is this a new feature ? VIrgin saving hard drive space by directing us straight to iPlayer ? Or a ยฃยฃยฃ deal with BBC ? 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Not taping BBC1 shows: PLAYback directs to iPlayer ?

Check the Series Link+ for the program and ensure that it is set for recordings only and not for recordings and streaming.

Also ensure that your defaults for series link+s is set to recording only as well.

0 Kudos
G4DDS
Rising star
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Apologies for thread hi-jack but it is related.

Can someone tell me how I can set a series link for the BBC Three iPlayer series Murder In Successville. I have tried the search feature but nothing shows up - is there a way to create a series link directly from BBC iPlayer?

Currently I have added it to my favourites in BBC iPlayer so I can find it quickly but it would be good if new episodes would appear directly in My Shows.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Services: 200Mb BB, XL TV (with Sky Sports & Movies) + HD supplement, Talk More Anytime
Equipment: Super Hub 3, 2 x 1Tb TiVo's, Hudl 2 (Android 5.1), Moto G4 Plus (Android 6.0.1), Panasonic LCD TV TX-L32G20B & Plasma TV TX-P42S30B
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Deedeeuk
Joining in
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for reply ๐Ÿ˜€ Yes it is definitely set for record only, and just for new episodes.

this has not happened on any ITV or C4 shows. Very puzzled

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Although you can set a series link+ for streaming only, I doubt you can ever set a series link+ for a BBC3 program because the program never appears in TiVo's EPG.

G4DDS wrote:

Apologies for thread hi-jack but it is related.

Can someone tell me how I can set a series link for the BBC Three iPlayer series Murder In Successville. I have tried the search feature but nothing shows up - is there a way to create a series link directly from BBC iPlayer?

Currently I have added it to my favourites in BBC iPlayer so I can find it quickly but it would be good if new episodes would appear directly in My Shows.

0 Kudos
G4DDS
Rising star
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Deedeeuk wrote:

Thanks for reply ๐Ÿ˜€ Yes it is definitely set for record only, and just for new episodes.

You haven't changed the view in the folder created for the BBC1 programme from "my episodes" to "all episodes" have you?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Services: 200Mb BB, XL TV (with Sky Sports & Movies) + HD supplement, Talk More Anytime
Equipment: Super Hub 3, 2 x 1Tb TiVo's, Hudl 2 (Android 5.1), Moto G4 Plus (Android 6.0.1), Panasonic LCD TV TX-L32G20B & Plasma TV TX-P42S30B
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Deedeeuk wrote:

Strange. Can you advise which program and I'll see if I can reproduce your problem and investigate further?

0 Kudos
Deedeeuk
Joining in
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi, thanks for reply, yes it is Eat Well For Less on BBC1 ๐Ÿ˜€ Thanks for taking the time to help

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Even stranger - my Series Link+ for that series was OK.

I presume all is now alright for new episodes in the coming weeks?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Does it show up in recording hicups with a reason for not recording?  If the reason says power lost then was your box in stand by at the time?  There is a know bug in the new firmware that stops programmes recording in stand by.  I have had a case where instead of the expected recorded programme in my shows there has been a link to the catch up version instead.