Menu
Corringham16
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Not enough cable

The contractor didn't even knock on the door before digging a tiny trench on my lawn and running the cable to the house. The cable is now strewn across the lawn and it seems to me that there is not enough to do the job when the installation is due on Friday. Getting a response on the phone is at best laughable. I shouldn't be surprised seeing as the people of n the other end of the phone are In a different continent. Does anybody know if the installer brings extra cable on the day please? 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Not enough cable

The repull teams usually just pull the cable to your boundary & coil it up, leaving the installer to do the rest. This can (& usually is) done several days prior to install without a booked appointment. This cable only has to attach to your front wall. The installer will do the rest of the wiring.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Corringham16
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the quick reply. Would you happen to know if the person coming to do the inside installation be able to re route the cable in a different direction outside the property ? Thanks again

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Corringham16,

Welcome to the Community Forum and thanks for your post.

The team that installs your internal cabling and equipment usually will not be able to re-route the external cabling in most cases. 

In order to check this for you, please get in touch direct by calling in on 0345 454 1111 (from any other phone) or 150 (free from a Virgin landline or Virgin Mobile) so that we can access your installation order.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos