Menu
ajmfish
Joining in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Not a good start

Hi, had an install last week and the engineer could not set up the second box, promised to return the same day and has never been seen since. I rang through and was told I would receive a new card as this would fix it and I still have not received this, so far I am paying for a box that I cannot use. The same goes for the phone, nearly a week in and still not working and I seem to be doing all the chasing as well as paying for services not received. This is my first time with Virgin and I left Sky after 17 years, am I still within my rights to cancel ?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Not a good start

Hi ajmfish,

A warm welcome to our community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that your Landline and 2nd box haven't been working since install, this is not the best start we'd like to see.  I'd like to help get this sorted for you.

Taking a look I can see you have an engineer calling to sort out the Landline.  The engineer will be able to take care of the additional box as well if there's still an issue there.  

It would be great to know how you get on after the appointment, please keep me posted on how you get on.  I'm here if you need me.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
ajmfish
Joining in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi, Thanks, the new card arrived today and did not fix the box, just disappointed

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ajmfish,

Welcome back to the Community and thank you for keeping everyone updated on this. 

I'm sorry to read that at the time the card replacement didn't resolve the issue. I've been able to check the services and have been able to see an active service, can you tell me if the services are viewable again?

Stay in touch.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
ajmfish
Joining in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi, I spend 20 minutes on the phone and got the 2nd box up and running, still no phone

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi there ajmfish, 

I'm really sorry to hear that the phone line is still not working for you, I've taken a look into the account, and can see that a fault technician is due to call out and take a look at this for you. 

Please let me know how this all goes for you. 

Apologies once again. 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
ajmfish
Joining in
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I need to change the appointment but I cannot call as I have no phone

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ajmfish, 

Thank you for your replies, I have just seen this now and are wondering if you still need a change or has the engineer been out to help with the Telephone situation?

Stay in touch and just let me know. 

Ben

0 Kudos
ajmfish
Joining in
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, I am hoping that they come this Saturday, I also hope this is reflected in my bill Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hey Ajmfish,

Thank you for the prompt reply Smiley Happy

That's great they're coming this Saturday, I'm in on that day so I'd love to check back in and see how the visit went. 

If you can give the Customer Care team a call on 150/ 0345 454 1111 and explain the time you weren't able to use the services, they'll be able to amend any credits due. 

Many thanks and speak to you again on Saturday.

Ben

0 Kudos