Menu
paperclip
Rising star
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Non Tivo STB frequently reboots.

My STB (not tivo) has rebooted all on its own quite often recently, the picture will begin to flicker then the box just reboots, this even occurred whilst watching a programme via the catchup service.

This sound like a replacement is required?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: Non Tivo STB frequently reboots.

Hi Paperclip

I'm sorry to hear about the problem with your set top box, I've been able to take a closer look at it from our end for you.

I can see there's an issue in your area at the moment, reference F004206755. The review date has been set to 12th Feb so I'd expect progression on this issue very soon.

If the 12th comes and you're still experiencing other than the set top box working as it should, let us know and we'll look to escalate this for you.

Sorry again for the inconvenience, I hope you're wellMan Happy

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
paperclip
Rising star
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Craig_D wrote:

Hi Paperclip

I'm sorry to hear about the problem with your set top box, I've been able to take a closer look at it from our end for you.

I can see there's an issue in your area at the moment, reference F004206755. The review date has been set to 12th Feb so I'd expect progression on this issue very soon.

If the 12th comes and you're still experiencing other than the set top box working as it should, let us know and we'll look to escalate this for you.

Sorry again for the inconvenience, I hope you're wellMan Happy

Craig

This fault reference that you mention, what are the details of it, I mean are you able to let me know the description of the problem? I notice that there are no known issues on the service status, but I think these faults don't show there when I think they should.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi paperclip,

Thanks for your reply Smiley Happy

I have taken a look at the reference number for you and it is relating to a possible network issue that was being investigated.  It has since been closed and all should be ok.  

However, there is a separate network issue that is currently open and is due to high demand.  The details on this are:

Ref: F003770024

Details: Due to High Demand. 

Estimated review date: 16th March 16

The ref number you were given wouldn't have been on the status page as it was mainly investigation work being carried out.

The F003770024 reference won't be on there either as they can be long standing issues due to the nature of the work required to resolved the issue.

The high demand issue will cause buffering/picture issues when using Apps via the TiVo® service at peak times.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience caused.  If you have any further questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
paperclip
Rising star
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I don't have TIVO, and I don't have buffering issues, so would the closed reference number have had anything to do with the issue I reported which was STB rebooting?

Also can you confirm please if the high utilisation for broadband is still open? reason for asking is I normally get a loss of service goodwill gesture each month, but was told I wouldn't get it for a full month being that it would be closed on the 12th February.

So if it still hasn't been fixed then I will have to call faults again to extend the goodwill gesture.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi paperclip,

My gosh so sorry, you did state this in your first post.  Please accept my apologies for my mistake Smiley Frustrated

Firstly, lets get back to your box rebooting lately, I have carried out some initial checks and the box is currently showing as 'offline'.  Can you please let me know if the box is currently turned off at the time of this post?

To answer your question about if the original ticket (F004206755) would have affected the service, as far as I can see from the notes yes it may have.  Can you also let me know how frequently the box was rebooting?  Did it happen at certain times of the day?  If you can let me know that would be great. Smiley Happy

Secondly, the High Utilisation for your broadband I believe is related to reference F002122654 and a review date is scheduled for 2nd March 16.   

Again I apologise for my error in thinking you had a TiVo®.  Any further questions please ask Smiley Happy

Collette.

0 Kudos
paperclip
Rising star
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi Collette,

My STB has been on all morning, so at the time of your post it was certainly switched on.

The reboots can occur in the afternoon and late evening, infact it happened when I was in the middle of watching a programme on the catchup service but most times it occurs during normal Virgin Media TV channel broadcasts.

Details in the settings show on 6/2/16 at 22:48:04 (89) smartcard inserted then at 22:48:02 (21) Reboot - unknown.

Again on the 5/2/16 same again but this time at 15:36, again early same day at 04:26 and 00:05.

Once again on 3/2/16 at 4:30.

So as you will gather this is happening quite frequently. I'm also concerned why it's showing as offline when it's actually on-line.

Hope I've covered everything that you need.

Finally let me add that although it says smartcard inserted on these settings details I can confirm that the smartcard has not been removed by me at all as I never remove it unless requested to do so by Virgin Media.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi paperclip,

Thanks for your reply Smiley Happy

I have had another look at your box remotely and it still says 'offline'.  It may just be the tool I'm using for this as it takes a snapshot of the available data at the time.  I have refreshed this a fair few times and no change.

I will be happy to arrange for an engineer appointment for you as the frequency of the reboots is excessive.  I will send you a private message with all the details Smiley Happy

Look for the envelope icon above.

Collette Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
paperclip
Rising star
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Does any user that doesn't have TIVO experience as many reboots as per my earlier post?
0 Kudos
paperclip
Rising star
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Rebooted again, I've sent you another PM.
0 Kudos