Menu
Black_dog
Dialled in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

No sound on Sky News HD

I have recently upgraded to VMs V6 box and in general very impressed with increase in speed. A couple of times though I have noticed that Sky News HD has no sound. I have swapped channels and this seems to have worked previously but today I could not get any sound regardless of how many times I switched channel. Wondered if anyone else had this issue or whether it was a problem with Sky's broadcast.
0 Kudos
Black_dog
Dialled in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: No sound on Sky News HD

Still being affected by no sound on Sky News HD - no one else got the same issue? Box has been re-booted but still no sound - guess I'll have to speak to VM if this only affecting me. 

0 Kudos
Black_dog
Dialled in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Still being affected by no sound on Sky News HD - no one else got the same issue? Box has been re-booted but still no sound - guess I'll have to speak to VM if this only affecting me. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello Black_dog,

Thanks for posting in the community.

Please let me know whether this has been resolved for you and if it's affecting any other channel.

Looking forward to hearing from you

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Black_dog
Dialled in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Rose - this is still occurring occasionally when I turn on the TV and it is broadcasting on Sky News HD - thankfully most of the time now it is resolved by switching channels and going back so it may be an HDMI handshaking issue. Previously, when I posted, switching back and forth had no effect and I could not get sound. It reappeared a day or so later. Thankfully all seems ok at the moment.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for getting back to me to let me know.

It may be worth checking all the connections are secure and monitoring it to see whether this is happening on any other channel.

If this does happen again just get in touch.

Kind regards

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos