Menu
counterlink
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

No sound on HD movie on demand

I attempted to watch on demand HD movie last night, but when the movie started there was no sound although the preceding trailer was fine.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: No sound on HD movie on demand

Hi counterlink,

Thanks for posting. I'm sorry to hear there was no sound on HD movie On Demand.

I've managed to locate your account and can see you've already contacted our team regarding this. Did you get the resolution you wanted? Has the issue been resolved now?

Please let us know if there's anything else we can help with.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
counterlink
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply. I called into a Virginmedia shop yesterday and changed my package so I will now have a TiVo box as of next Saturday, I rang customer services this morning and had the cost of the film refunded. I still haven't solved the problem but I'm hoping that it will not occur on the Tivo box. Do you have any idea what could cause it ? I noticed on a few forums that other users had experienced the same problem in the past.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi there Counterlink, 

Thanks for coming back and letting us know that you will soon be changing to TiVo®, I do believe that this will fix the issue. I remember some time ago we were aware of a fault with HD on demand content, but I believed that we had fixed that, and the fault was exactly the same as what you had described. 

Upon further investigations, it does appear that the majority of the issues have now been resolved, however a small number of customers will still have this issue. It is to do with the set top box that they are using. 

A quick work around for this, would be to start the show off, then when it plays and the sound cuts off, press stop, then try and play again, but choose to play from where you left off, and the sound should then be okay for you. 

Hope this helps, and I am sure you are going to love your TiVo®

Take care

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
NickChong
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I'm having the same problem, I.e. No sound on HD movie on demand.

The quick workaround did not seem to work for me.

Is there anything else that can be done?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi NickChong,

Welcome to the Community and thanks for posting on the ForumSmiley Happy Sorry that you are having problems with the sound on your HD movies on demand. 

Have you experienced any other problems with your television service? The reason I ask is because I have been able to access your account via your Forum details and run tests to your V+ box and I can see a problem with the box. I will need to arrange an engineer appointment with you to get this sorted.

I'll send you a private message requesting further details so that I can arrange an appointment for you. Just check the red envelope at the top left of this page. 

Speak soon.

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Nicholas,

Just checking back with you to see how you are getting on with your service. 

Please drop us a line and let us know how it's going. We want to make certain this issue gets resolved for you.

Kind regards.

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos