Menu
Wobs05
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

No sky hd on demand movies

We have TiVo with sky cinema hd but can't seem to get any sky movies on demand in HD.

Does anyone know if this is a general issue or is this likely to be an issue with our account?

Thanks.
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
BinghamBloke
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: No sky hd on demand movies

It's not you it's the whole system.
This time last year every film in SD was available in HD. If not then it was an error and they would fix it.
Since the beginning of the year they have vastly reduced how many HD films are available and now they do not have the HD category to look under it's so much harder to find which of their random selection are available in HD.

I called up to complain and they acted all innocent and gave me a reduction on my Sky Movies for 12 months.
I suggest you do the same as no one is answering the issue on here.

A specific thread was opened asking for The Force Awakens to be added in HD. Staff member said it would be fixed by a date and never was.
It has never appeared in HD to this day.
They should have them all as HD as standard rather than SD. People without HD can still watch HD channels it doesn't look any different as I had no HD tv in the bedroom for ages but at least they still worked.
0 Kudos
fredtheted
Up to speed
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

They are blaming Sky now for the non inclusion of HD films on demand. Myself being cynical, is that Virgin will include all the films in HD as a selling point for when they bring out the new boxes. They did the same on the old Virgin+ HD boxes when the TiVo box first came out.

0 Kudos

All Replies
BinghamBloke
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

It's not you it's the whole system.
This time last year every film in SD was available in HD. If not then it was an error and they would fix it.
Since the beginning of the year they have vastly reduced how many HD films are available and now they do not have the HD category to look under it's so much harder to find which of their random selection are available in HD.

I called up to complain and they acted all innocent and gave me a reduction on my Sky Movies for 12 months.
I suggest you do the same as no one is answering the issue on here.

A specific thread was opened asking for The Force Awakens to be added in HD. Staff member said it would be fixed by a date and never was.
It has never appeared in HD to this day.
They should have them all as HD as standard rather than SD. People without HD can still watch HD channels it doesn't look any different as I had no HD tv in the bedroom for ages but at least they still worked.
0 Kudos
fredtheted
Up to speed
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

They are blaming Sky now for the non inclusion of HD films on demand. Myself being cynical, is that Virgin will include all the films in HD as a selling point for when they bring out the new boxes. They did the same on the old Virgin+ HD boxes when the TiVo box first came out.

0 Kudos
Wobs05
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you, that's really helpful to know and will do as suggested and call Virgin.

0 Kudos