Menu
Lisa6789
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

No signal on one channel

Hi,

I've had an ongoing problem with the signal on sky sports 2 HD for some time now, where it started getting pixelated until finally last week the signal was gone completely to both my boxes. I ran a test online and it diagnosed an issue, and the signal came back for a day then went again.

I've now spoken to phone support twice - the first did these tests again which did not resolve the issue, the second booked me an engineer. An hour later I got a text message saying the engineer had been cancelled because a network problem has been found in the area. This doesn't show up on my service status, so just wondering if someone can confirm what the problem is and when I might expect a fix to it please? Before I miss another test match would be good Smiley Wink
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: No signal on one channel

The only thing I will say is keep reporting it if the problem persists. Engineer visits are usually cancelled if reported faults produce similar issues to a known network issue.

The online service status will only show faults affecting over a certain number of people. I would also check the "Service Status Hotline" (0800 561 0061) as this tracks faults to individual postcodes.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

The only thing I will say is keep reporting it if the problem persists. Engineer visits are usually cancelled if reported faults produce similar issues to a known network issue.

The online service status will only show faults affecting over a certain number of people. I would also check the "Service Status Hotline" (0800 561 0061) as this tracks faults to individual postcodes.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

Lisa6789
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks - I called back and got another appointment a day later. It's very annoying that they cancel appointments without checking that the issue is resolved - and that I've had to re explain the whole issue every time I phone and have them reattempt to fix the issue when this has already failed multiple times.
0 Kudos
Lisa6789
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Ok, so engineer who visited has said it's a network issue and passed to network team, but this has still not been resolved and now I'm up to 11 channels missing and intermittent internet connection. He said it's a SNR issue.

Is there a kindly VM bod about to advise if this is actually being looked at by the team and if there's an estimated fix? I tried calling yesterday but the office christmas party was happening around the poor chap in the call centre and neither one of us could hear/concentrate over all the screaming & shouting happening in the background of his call...

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lisa6789,

I'm sorry to hear that you are still experiencing a problem with your service. 

I am unable to access your account via your Forum details, so I will need to take more information from you so I can investigate this further. 

I'll send you a private message requesting further details. Just check the envelope icon at the top right of this page.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Lisa6789
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

It's all fixed now - a network engineer cane by just before Christmas.

Thanks!
0 Kudos