Menu
Regan33
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

No-one's job to check that all catch-up programmes are loaded and available as promised! Why not?

I have just been on the phone to customer services about some missing itv programmes. It's not just me or my equipment, they can see that the 2 programmes I want to watch (for last thursday- 21st May) were never uploaded.

I am told someone will look into it within 24 hours. This is not good enough. I am at work tomorrow and will not be able to watch tv. Tomorrow is the last day these two programmes would be available anyway because of the 7 day rule. I need to be able to watch catch up TV when I can catch up, which is on my day off. That's why I pay for the service.

These programmes have been missing  for 5 days already. Apparently no-one else has noticed or reported it. Why is ther no-one at Virgin who's job it is to check that all programmes are uploaded properly each day, and to chase any that are missing? It is such a simple thing. It should be part of the service.

Now I have missed them. Even if they are retrieved for tomorrow it is not helpful for me.

I am paying for a service that is not available as it should be.  

Not happy.

0 Kudos
Regan33
Joining in
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: No-one's job to check that all catch-up programmes are loaded and available as promised! Why not?

Oh dear. No-one from Virgin seems able to respond to the post.

I didn't get my call back within 24 hours either. What's going on Virgin Media?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: No-one's job to check that all catch-up programmes are loaded and available as promised! Why not?

Regan33 wrote:

Oh dear. No-one from Virgin seems able to respond to the post.

I didn't get my call back within 24 hours either. What's going on Virgin Media?

Not surprising, as this is supposed to be a customer driven forum. The Forum Staff are on here as backup if issues cannot be resolved by customers sharing information. The average response time from staff here is 2 to 3 days.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

Regan33
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I see. Thanks nodrogd.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: No-one's job to check that all catch-up programmes are loaded and available as promised! Why ...

Hi Regan33,

Welcome to the community and thanks for coming by Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that you've missed out on some of your programmes on Catch Up, this isn't great to hear.

If there are any missing programmes in the future, please let us know at your earliest convenience and we will get right on it.  I'm sorry that on this occasion we weren't able to restore them in time for you.  

We're here to help, give us a shout if you need us.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Regan33
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: No-one's job to check that all catch-up programmes are loaded and available as promised! Why ...

Hi collette, thanks for replying. My question was why no-one checks these programmes are available daily. Then it could be put right before the customers notice hopefully. Any missing programmes should be flagged up and checked out automatically. Not wait until someone complains, by which time, in my case it was too late to get anything done to restore them.

Can you find out why this isn't being done?

0 Kudos
Toreador
Dialled in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Even when I report missing programmes, the reports are almost always ignored. I'm currently having to watch them sat by my PC instead, which is not the service I'm paying for. 

0 Kudos
japitts
Well-informed
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I can't help but think that VM checking CatchUp for availability etc, is an impractical exercise that will only ever work on a superficial level. So they check a program is available, fine. But what if it doesn't play in a certain region, or won't play at all but is still listed. Where do you draw the line?

Flagship or high-profile shows perhaps, but these do tend to get picked up anyway. Before I moved to TiVo, I'd long felt that the fault reporting process was flawed for these types of fault. Just like EPG errors have an email inbox, that "missing programs" should have something similar. But then that relies on there being a suitably resourced team at the receiving end of the report, and maybe also on the quality of the reports they receive.

0 Kudos