Menu
JoeM
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

No movies on demand

I switched from Sky to Virgin two days ago. I set up my Tivo box and router and phone and got it all activated. I have the TV XL package. 

My problem is that if I go to On Demand - Movies, the only movies listed are all showing as costing money for a two day rental.

If I hit Search and Discover - Discover TV & Movies - Movies and then select a title it only gives me the option to record it the next time its on which is not the same as on demand.

For example they are advertising all the Harry Potter movies saying watch now but if I select Philosophers Stone it simply gives me the option to record it on the 25th.

Is this normal with Virgin or am I missing something.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: No movies on demand

Hi JoeM Smiley Happy

Thank you for coming in and posting for the first time, welcome to the Community.

As for the movies, the On Demand movies you seem to be looking at is Virgin Movies, which are a renting service. If you have the Sky Movies package you should be able to see an option for 'Sky movies', where you can watch movies On Demand.

Search and Discover is a feature to look out for future shows, so whatever you find there you can record for the future. I'd recommend checking this out here Smiley Happy

Keep in touch and have a great day!

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos

All Replies
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi JoeM Smiley Happy

Thank you for coming in and posting for the first time, welcome to the Community.

As for the movies, the On Demand movies you seem to be looking at is Virgin Movies, which are a renting service. If you have the Sky Movies package you should be able to see an option for 'Sky movies', where you can watch movies On Demand.

Search and Discover is a feature to look out for future shows, so whatever you find there you can record for the future. I'd recommend checking this out here Smiley Happy

Keep in touch and have a great day!

Ben

0 Kudos
JoeM
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Ben that made sense of things and have now discovered the Sky Movies option.

Cheers your help was much appreciated 

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hey JoeM,

You're very welcome and be sure to come back again soon. We have so many boards to look at and It's great to keep up to date with news shows and announcements, not to mention it'll save you a call Smiley Wink

Keep in touch and hope you had a fab Christmas/New Year celebrations Smiley Happy

Ben

0 Kudos