Menu
anthony_b
Fibre optic
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

No TV

Have lost all my channels all of a sudden. I was watching a program and it froze and then all channels went blank on my TiVo and it's now saying no channels
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: No TV

Sounds like an area fault to me. Is broadband still up & running?

What does the service status page say?

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi anthony_b,

Thanks for coming by and I'm sorry to hear that your TV service was disrupted so suddenly.

I just wanted to pop by and see how things are today?  If you're still having any trouble with the TV service, let me know and I can help further.

All the best Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
anthony_b
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for coming back

I spoke to customer services and they said it was partly my fault as I have not rebooted the machine every 16 days

I don't really see why this should make the difference and surely it's up to Virgin media to focus on updates on the machine whilst it's on?

It's not your fault so sorry for this comment.

Maybe you could feedback to VM?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi and thanks for the reply anthony_b,

I'm sorry if it was suggested to be your fault, this isn't good to hear.  I will certainly take on board your feedback as this is not the experience we'd like anyone to have.

Depending on the fault, a reboot can fix most things, especially if an update we've sent at any point hasn't gone through correctly for any reason.  It's not something you should need to do daily, I tend to reboot once a month myself just to keep things running smoothly at home.

If you do have any further disruptions, don't hesitate to get in touch and we'll be happy to help Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
anthony_b
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thank you Collette for your response.
A mentioned I was disappointed to hear that because I hadn't done a reboot every 16 days that this caused the error.
I will take on board and do what you suggest and reboot once a month. Do I just do a reset via the box instructions via the menu or is it best to turn the whole thing off physically and wait 30 seconds and turn back on?

Lastly are you able to email a contact I have in retentions for me? I have someone who I regularly talk to and is always very helpful but am not hearing back from this person despite other people who I have contacted at VM and they have emailed this person on my behalf
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi anthony_b,

Thank you for your reply Smiley Happy

The best and easier would be to reboot via the menu.

HOME > HELP & SETTINGS > CLEAR OR RESET TIVO BOX > RESTART THE TIVO

This will do the same job as using the switch at the back of the box so will save you the effort of getting behind the equipment.

If you can tell me via private message the name of the person I will be happy to pass on a message for you.  

I'll send you a private message just now for you to reply to Smiley Happy  (Look for the envelope icon above)

0 Kudos
anthony_b
Fibre optic
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks collette,I have sent you PM
0 Kudos