Menu
Reverend_D
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

No TV at all over Christmas

Hi guys,

I realise that there will probably be no one looking at this forum seeing as it's the Xmas period, but I have encountered an issue.

Through out the day (sat 24th December) I have had an issue losing one channel after another until I had no channels at all.

I have tried a test from my virgin media account which gave the usual rhetoric of "wait ten minutes...".

I waited 30 and.... Nothing.

Called 150, was told there is probably an issue with the box and they can get an engineer to me, next Saturday.

So basically I have no TV service for a week and it is Christmas, with two young kids and a wife who want to watch the film's on during this time.

Does this sound right to you? I must admit to being very, very annoyed by this, I understand that tomorrow is Christmas and the likely hood of getting anyone is very remote, but a whole week?

To be honest, this is making me want to cancel my subscription and go elsewhere.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: No TV at all over Christmas

With all providers this is a very busy period, & most are operating with less than normal staff, so its not surprising.

A neighbour of mine who is a BT customer also had to wait from 24 December until 6 January to get a fault resolved last year.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Reverend_D
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply, it is appreciated.

I can understand that it is a difficult time of year, and I am not honestly trying to be difficult here, but I am paying for a service that I am now not receiving.

I don't even have a connection to an aerial so I can get free view, we literally have no TV.

Guess I am off to PCWorld tomorrow to purchase a stand alone aerial.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

maybe today is the day to buy a google chromecast or roku if you have an internet connection still. It might be better option if you have access to netflix and you can use iplayer etc.