Menu
AMCD160774
Just joined
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

No Sound on V+ UHD 4K Philips TV

Bought a new TV yesterday. Its the Philips UHD 4K Android TV 6400 series 49". Connected multi-room V+ box by HDMI. Picture fine no sound. Other devices connected to TV and sound is perfect. I've tried turning V+ box off and on - changing HDMI port it is connected to. Still no sound. HDMI cable worked fine yesterday so I'm ruling out that. No settings on TV that make any difference. I fiddled about with all the options. Does anyone know how to fix this??? I'm asking for help before telling Virgin to end my subscription. 

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
AMCD160774
Just joined
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

V+ Box no sound with Philips 4K UHD 49 Android TV

Bought a new TV yesterday. Its the Philips Ultra High Definition  4 K Android TV 6400 series 49". Connected multi-room V+ box by HDMI. Picture fine no sound. Other devices connected to TV and sound is perfect. I've tried turning V+ box off and on - changing HDMI port it is connected to. Still no sound. HDMI cable worked fine yesterday so I'm ruling out that. No settings on TV that make any difference. I fiddled about with all the options. Can this be fixed? IS my V+ box too old for the new TV? The TV is new for 2016. I'm still in contract with Virgin and this is a multi-room. Not happy. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: V+ Box no sound with Philips 4K UHD 49 Android TV

Hi AMCD160774,

Welcome into the Community and thank you for taking the time to post in the boards Smiley Happy

I would like to ask if the box works on another TV as such to test a 'before and after', so to speak?

I have been trying to run some tests but have come up short on gaining access, I would require some additional information and if you can have a little look inside your 'Inbox', you'll see I've sent you a 'Private Message'. You can find this at the top right of the page, purple envelope Smiley Happy

Speak to you soon.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Robin6
Just joined
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I have received my TV today and I'm having the same problem. It's a Philips 6400 series 4K ultra slim LED TV with ambilight. I've plugged the virgin box in in the same way as I did on my old TV (with an HDMI cable) but it's no longer giving sound. DVD player works fine, it's just the Virgin box. Any way to fix this? Really need this to work in order to stay with Virgin.
Thanks,
Rob
0 Kudos
prnc92
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Just had the same problem with a new Samsung 4k UHD tv. My tivo box will only work in one of three hdmi ports, I don't know why as the other ports all work with xbox, dvd player and pc!

You may have a specific port mine had hdmi/dvi which is port 1 and that is the only one that will allow sound.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

It may also depend as to what the processing delay is for each of the other ports, and/or if they're properly configured for HDCP.

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos