Menu
fcallens13
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

No Coaxial close to my VM TV box. Possible connection via ethernet?

Hi,

I am a new VM customer. My TV is far from the coaxial feed of VM that I use for my hub. My broadband is distributed in the house via ethernet socks. I was wondering if I could connect my TV box via ethernet cable rather than via the VM coaxial ?

Many thanks

Best

0 Kudos
stevedh2
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: No Coaxial close to my VM TV box. Possible connection via ethernet?

about all you could do is try buying yourself a hdmi over Ethernet.. The VM box (V6) can share some programs with tablets and phones but thats about it.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

fcallens13 wrote:

Hi,

I am a new VM customer. My TV is far from the coaxial feed of VM that I use for my hub. My broadband is distributed in the house via ethernet socks. I was wondering if I could connect my TV box via ethernet cable rather than via the VM coaxial ?

Many thanks

Best

TV on cable is transmitted via linear channels on multiple frequencies in the same fashion as satellite & freeview services are delivered to TV boxes, so requires a direct connection to Virgins coaxial cable. If you need the TV box nearer the TV you have no option but to book an engineer callout to extend the network coax cabling, which is chargeable. DIY changes to the cabling are not allowed.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
fcallens13
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Nodrogd. Much appreciated.

What do you think of a wireless connection via HDMI sender? Is it possible to remotely control the Tivo Box via such system (IR control)?

Francois

0 Kudos
stevedh2
Knows their stuff
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

regarding control, you can use your phone as a remote control if both the tivo and phone are connected to your local network.

0 Kudos