Menu
UKmitch86
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Newbuild house - no aerial/dishes allowed - can Virgin supply TV through cable only?

Hi - title says it all really. Virgin have partnered with the development built by St Modwen and I've been told that in an effort to conserve the appearance of the estate, no dishes or aerials are allowed to be installed on the outside of properties. I don't really want to fit an aerial inside the loft.

Can someone please explain to me whether this is possible, what it costs and what the usual setup time is?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Newbuild house - no aerial/dishes allowed - can Virgin supply TV through cable only?

Virgins TV/Broadband service comes through cable the cost can bee seen on their website depending on what your needs are  

http://store.virginmedia.com/big-bundles.html?buspart=uk_ps_a_cable_google_purchase_E-BRAND-PACKAGES...

0 Kudos
UKmitch86
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Newbuild house - no aerial/dishes allowed - can Virgin supply TV through cable only?

Thanks for the quick reply.

All I'm after is internet and bog standard TV.

These packages want line rental and phone services paying for too.

How do I strip that out and only pay what I need?

Does VM recognise that bit of the market?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

They will do a TV and broadband package without a phone but you'll probably have to give them a ring for a price

But  even their most basic TV package isn't quite the same as freeview

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Yes, you can have TV & Broadband without the phone, but the Freeview equivalent TV M package wont be available via this method. You would either have to take M+ TV without the phone or have a phone line.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos