Menu
Shrimp1
Just joined
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

New to Virgin/TiVo!

Hi folks. Just signed up and got my kit set up yesterday. My daughter is currently sat watching an on demand movie from the on demand section of the sky Disney section (a channel we have in our package). It didn't ask me for a pin or tell me there was a charge so am I right to think it's free??

Will I always be told about the charge or asked for a pin if there is a charge for a film or box set? Want to check now before I get too carried away!

Thanks
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: New to Virgin/TiVo!

From the VM online help:

Can I set a PIN to control access to chargeable On Demand services?

Yes, you can control access to all chargeable and rated programmes and events.

If you’ve got a V Box, V HD Box or V+ Box, here’s how:

1. Press Home on your remote control.
  2. Select Settings.
  3. Select Parental Control Settings and enter your PIN.
  4. Set the restriction setting to Maximum. All chargeable events and rated programmes are now PIN protected – no-one can watch them without entering the PIN first.

If you’ve got a TiVo box, here’s how:

1. Press Home on your TiVo remote.
  2. Select Help & Settings.
  3. Select Purchase Controls and enter your PIN.
  4. Set to Require a PIN to purchase or Allow purchases without a PIN.

Hope that helps.

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong :-) If you do like my answer please mark it as helpful as it may help others
My setup: Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Superhub 2 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

0 Kudos
Shrimp1
Just joined
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Scott. So if I'm brand new to it and haven't set that up does that mean I may be charged for something at the moment but not know? The man who set us up said that we would always be told if there was a charge so just wanting to make sure!
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Shrimp1 wrote:
Thanks Scott. So if I'm brand new to it and haven't set that up does that mean I may be charged for something at the moment but not know? The man who set us up said that we would always be told if there was a charge so just wanting to make sure!

I set mine up a couple of years ago so I can't remember what the default setting is.  If you follow the instructions I posted then the screen that you get to in step 4 will have a tick next to the current setting.

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong :-) If you do like my answer please mark it as helpful as it may help others
My setup: Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Superhub 2 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

0 Kudos